Tonight’s game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Tonight’s game

Post by josie andrews »

Just to let you all know in case you auto-record the game, it’s on Sky Sports Action sky channel 407 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Brennox7

Re: Tonight’s game

Post by Brennox7 »

More than likely 5 mins of coverage beforehand
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Brennox7 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:06 pm More than likely 5 mins of coverage beforehand
They could use it to tell us how many games Roby has played, and how good he is? Or maybe they'd need 30 minutes for that?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

I agree. Always been a joke how much pre game coverage there is. They spend about 10 mins altogether on the actual game that will take place
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’ve just watched the pre game & post game interviews from the coaches.

Lee Briers then Darryl Powell, Matt Peet, then Darryl Powell again.

He must really, really hate Wigan with a passion because he cannot for the life of him give any praise to Wigan, the game or the win!

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... away-at-us

Then I’ve just remembered the outburst between him Matt Peet & our academy v theirs!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’ve just watched the pre game & post game interviews from the coaches.

Lee Briers then Darryl Powell, Matt Peet, then Darryl Powell again.

He, Powell, must really, really hate Wigan with a passion because he cannot for the life of him give any praise to Wigan, the game or the win!

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... away-at-us

Then I’ve just remembered the outburst between him Matt Peet & our academy v theirs!…..
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Thanks for the link, just watched that. It's comedy gold, really! :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Warrington Wolves: Daryl Powell rues missed opportunities in 'good contest' with Wigan Warriors

Warrington Wolves head coach Daryl Powell says the scoreline against Wigan Warriors does not truly reflect the kind of game it was.

His side were defeated 32-6 at the DW Stadium on Friday night, with Liam Marshall scoring a hat-trick for the home team.

Powell states Warrington need to start making the most of their opportunities.

He said: “If you look at the first half we could’ve easily been 18-4 up. We dropped the ball on the kick, George is straight through and probably scores himself if he runs, and then Matty Ashton tries to pick that ball up when he could put it on his foot.

‘ We aren’t taking our chances, and we had another few in the second half.
The pivotal moments are going against us but there was nothing in that game. You look at the scoreline and it’s not that kind of game.

That’s not a lack of effort game and I’ll fight anyone that say it is.

"I’m looking at boys who have worked so hard, and they’ve got a couple of players who have done some things to us there that blows the score out.

I think it was a pretty close game and we’ve done some good things.

"We created six, and they probably created six, but took them. They scored off three fair kicks, it was outstanding out to our right edge.

"There’s then a couple of tries off offloads where we should’ve locked the ball up, and then Field does at the end when he scores the solo try.

"In terms of teams going after each other I thought it was a really good contest. Wigan have a bit of class about them and are playing with confidence and we aren’t, but in lots of ways we were really good.”

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fw ... rs-3796011
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Darryl Powell
I think it was a pretty close game and we’ve done some good things.
Was he watching the same game as me/us? 🤔

I don’t think a score line of 32 - 6 is close!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Think the attendance in the away/north stand, was abysmal for a Wigan/Warrington game! Think that is the first time Warrington haven’t filled that stand.