Warringtons try

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Warringtons try

Post by Firestarter »

Just seen this this morning…… ridiculous decision….. never a try in the memory of man…… the ball spins forward then backwards before behing grounded….. its not possible to keep possession unless hes bloody yoda
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Southern Softy

Re: Warringtons try

Post by Southern Softy »

I don't think anybody thought it was a try....... oh, apart from the Video Ref. Another good day at the office for Liam Moore.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

To be fair to the lad it goes up as a try it’s hard to overturn. Downward pressure to me is hand on top of the ball and Currie didn’t look to have it. Video ref should have the final decision not refs
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

The ball changed direction just before it hit the ground. There is no way he was in control of that ball to ground it.

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Ah who cares in the grand scheme of things,hard to overturn it I think.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:09 pm Ah who cares in the grand scheme of things,hard to overturn it I think.
Looking at the break before the try, Isa and the ref "touched", should Isa be looking at a ban?
Or the referee :)
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Looking at all the angles it was impossible to be 100% but I would have been disappointed if it had been ours and disallowed.i thought he still had fingers on ball. Let's not be so cruel to them mr Powell thought it was a close game. And considering all the batterings they've had perhaps it was 😂😂😂😂😂
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:40 pm Looking at all the angles it was impossible to be 100% but I would have been disappointed if it had been ours and disallowed.i thought he still had fingers on ball. Let's not be so cruel to them mr Powell thought it was a close game. And considering all the batterings they've had perhaps it was 😂😂😂😂😂
I agree with you. We need to get away from the on field referee having to make a decision if he is in doubt (it is purely guesswork at 100 miles an hour) it is making them look silly. Just send it to the video referee and let him decide without having the restrictions placed on him.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

As I've remarked before, we had that once, and fans complained that *everything* got sent upstairs, and why can't the on-field ref make a decision? So they changed it to the current system, and people don't like that either. There's no pleasing folk! The current set-up is (more or less) what they do in the NRL too, and I think it's the best system. But any system is only as good as the officials operating it.And the standard of camera-work available to make a decision.

As for the Warrington try, I said at the time, it's no try really, but it will be given, because "not enough to overturn". And so it was. And I still think making the on-field ref the primary arbiter is the right way. If it had gone up as no try, I think the VR woiuld have been happy with that.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Big stick wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:52 am To be fair to the lad it goes up as a try it’s hard to overturn. Downward pressure to me is hand on top of the ball and Currie didn’t look to have it. Video ref should have the final decision not refs
That's the problem. The Video refs seem scared to overturn the on-field decision even it's obviously wrong.

It should not go up as anything other than a query, try or not?