Happy Birthday Billy B

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BriH

Happy Birthday Billy B

Post by BriH »

6th August 1934, William John Boston entered this world.

Just 8 years younger than Billy I saw him play at his best.

All the best Billy and I hope you reach 100! (and I'm still around to see it!)
southportcdm

Re: Happy Birthday Billy B

Post by southportcdm »

All the best to a rugby league legend. He didn't appear on the pitch last night. Does anybody know how he is at present?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

All the best billy ….. my dads fav player
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Happy Birthday young man, it’s just a pity that we can’t have a knees up in the Griffin like in the good old days.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Best wishes to Billy. HBTY.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

southportcdm wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:45 pm All the best to a rugby league legend. He didn't appear on the pitch last night. Does anybody know how he is at present?
He was at the funeral for Maurice Lindsay and didn't seem too confused when leaving the Church.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian.birchall wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:47 am
southportcdm wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:45 pm All the best to a rugby league legend. He didn't appear on the pitch last night. Does anybody know how he is at present?
He was at the funeral for Maurice Lindsay and didn't seem too confused when leaving the Church.
He was very poorly at Bill Ashurst’s funeral thru the heat, myself Rads tried to keep him cool with my hand fan, Rads coat used as a sun shade & with water until Matt Peet went & got the car for Joan to take him home first. Then he was taken to hospital (where he stayed overnight I think). Kept in contact for a few days & he recovered.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Happy Birthday, Billy.

A true legend - I only saw him play from January 1964, but he was phenomenally good even then.

He's also a legend for his humility, and his love of Wigan and Wigan's love for him.

As a kid, I learned more through Billy about accepting people for what they are, than anyone else" As MLK said "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character."
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:42 am
He was very poorly at Bill Ashurst’s funeral thru the heat, myself Rads tried to keep him cool with my hand fan, Rads coat used as a sun shade & with water until Matt Peet went & got the car for Joan to take him home first. Then he was taken to hospital (where he stayed overnight I think). Kept in contact for a few days & he recovered.
released him at midnight the same night, was scary seeing it though
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pedro wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:16 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:42 am
released him at midnight the same night, was scary seeing it though
I couldn’t remember if he came same night. It was very scary seeing him like that.

I’m glad he had a party last night with his family 😊🎉🥳🎂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan