POWELL!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: POWELL!!

Post by Barney841 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:47 am Does anyone actually hate on Powell?

I say that with 100% seriousness

Because I’ve only ever seen questions of him being picked and/or replaced

Those issues are nothing to do with Powell they are actually if anything hate on the wigan management staff

Everyone agrees powell gives 100% everyone agrees he is the ultimate professional the only bit people disgaree on is him in or out the team which is nothing to do with him
That’s what people misinterpreted when he’s criticised.
I don’t hate Powell I just don’t rate him and think there has to be a better option
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

mickali1 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:34 am Apologies Josie if I’ve got that wrong :( .
No you’re right. Every thread no matter what it’s about there’s always a dig at Powell for some reason.

So now they have their own thread to have a moan about a player who has done nothing wrong but give his all for Wigan Warriors.

They are better coaches than the ones the club has but all they then keep bringing up is why has he not been picked for England?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jobo wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:10 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:49 am
josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:36 am A thread just for you Powell haters!

Moan on here!
Why feed a plague?
Your as bad as the people that are hounding him.
Your inciting what they are doing for god sake. It's a forum for a club and players we love. Not starting threads to destroy there image. Disappointed in you of all people should start a hate thread I'm done
Shame on you
Pretty sure you've got the wrong impression here.

I'd bet Josie, is exesperated with the amount of threads that get turned into a bash at Powell so, she's decided to give the bashers their own thread. For the posters among us who are tired of reading the critisism, we will no longer need to.

Job done.
Correct.

A thread about Cade Cust’s injury has become another thread about Powell by the same lot of posters.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I for one have never criticised Powell but the point here again is lost on forum members who dont like Powell being criticised.

I'm pretty sure everyone things Powell is a great guy, a family guy, great around the club etc. Let's take that as red.

Now if forum members are criticised especially by anyone who is moderating or other, then the forum needs looking at.
This same topic comes up and round and round time and time again.
We all know we are merely couch coaches and apart from me have wild, whacky and even sensible ideas, theories and opinions on how our great club should be run, including who should or should not be in the team.
I ask with all sincerity let's continue criticising Powell if we like, let's continue praising Field, let's let some continue making stories up about French as if they are in the know because at the end of the day this is tomorrow's chip shop paper.
Yours very humbly WW

Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

It’s an interesting approach to take.
Josie says that 1) every thread is 2) hijacked by the Powell 3) “haters”.
Taking these in turn:
1) It’s not every thread. That’s just not true, is it? The only one recently that has commented on it that I can recall was an injury update, where the ONLY bit of new news was that Powell is back for the play offs;
2) It seems odd that a number of us are accused of hijacking threads, when we are simply doing what everyone else does all day: expressing an opinion - personally, I think Mago is a really useful addition to the squad and yet he gets constantly characterised on here as a liability. That’s fine by me, as I can see the faults in his game, but believe they are outweighed by his strengths; and
3) we are “haters” - that’s nonsense, and not even worth dismantling as an accusation.
I wonder whether we shall soon reach a point at which bans will be handed out for criticising him.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:16 pm I for one have never criticised Powell but the point here again is lost on forum members who dont like Powell being criticised.

I'm pretty sure everyone things Powell is a great guy, a family guy, great around the club etc. Let's take that as red.

Now if forum members are criticised especially by anyone who is moderating or other, then the forum needs looking at.
We all know we are merely couch coaches and apart from me have wild, whacky and even sensible ideas, theories and opinions on how our great club should be run, including who should or should not be in the team.
I ask with all sincerity let's continue criticising Powell if we like, let's continue praising Field, let's let some continue making stories up about French as if they are in the know because at the end of the day this is tomorrow's chip shop paper.
Yours very humbly WW
It’s not that they are criticising Powell, that’s by the by, it’s the fact they keep hijacking every other thread to include a swipe at Powell.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:47 pm
Wigan Watcher wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:16 pm I for one have never criticised Powell but the point here again is lost on forum members who dont like Powell being criticised.

Yours very humbly WW
It’s not that they are criticising Powell, that’s by the by, it’s the fact they keep hijacking every other thread to include a swipe at Powell.
Yes I quite agree.
I think it happens with a lot of posts, It can be frustrating when a topic goes off in another direction sometimes

Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:47 pm

Yours very humbly WW
But it is that we are criticising him. Waneball got far worse, Noble before him. It’s one thread in months, which referred to him coming back for the play offs. It wasn’t hijacked, people commented on it because it was included as the ONLY piece of new information in the article quoted. Even if it was at a tangent, it was not a personal criticism. Nobody that I have seen has ever personally criticised him.
I think the point here is that you strongly disagree with the opinion being expressed, and dislike that it won’t go away, so want to stamp it out. I am guessing that you personally know him, and really like him. Some of our group that have known him for a long time think the world of him as a person as well. That’s really not the point - we all wish him well as a person. Your allegiance to him may mean closing threads and even banning posters, and you have the power to do so. Personally, I think that’s a dangerous route to go down.
In a season in which there have been months of positive threads, and so much joy on every front - Matty Peet must be on his way to being canonised - I don’t mind restricting my thoughts on whether the team is stronger with O’Neill or Powell in it to a specific thread, as it happens. I hope that his supporters will come up with arguments in his defence as well. I would celebrate a Wigan GF win with Powell at its heart as much as any other cherry and whiter.
From what I have seen this year, we stand a greater chance with O’Neill there as his running threat ties up defenders, and frees up space for the outside attackers to cause huge damage. I have long believed that a 9 with some semblance of a running game improves the whole team. This year we have evidence in the 4 Saints matches and the Cup win that with O’Neill at 9 we can win the big games that count (with defeats in the other 2 Saints matches). And at the end of the day, we all just want what’s best for the club - as we all bleed cherry and white.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Absolutely fed up of the comments about being a powell “hater”

The key difference between these so called haters and the Powell supporters are the “haters” don’t simply make things up

Hi jacking every post to take a “swipe” is bollocks - added to that the comment “of someone who gives his all” find one f””””kin comment that says he doesn’t!!!! Find one!!!!!!! I dare you to find a single comment that questions his character stop making s””t up to simply protect your blue eyed boy!!!

Sick of it - the reasons the supporters lie is they can’t actually defend the truth that he isn’t good enough so they turn it into somehting that it’s not saying people have a personal vendetta

Look back you will see in the games he has played well everyone praises him and gives him credit it’s not our fault he doesn’t do it enough - it’s not his fault it’s just sport - it’s the reason I can’t play for Wigan despite I would give my all

Get a grip
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
morley pie eater

Another thread about Sam P

Post by morley pie eater »

Sorry for boring so many of you, but I had to reply to this:
:twisted: Exiled Wiganer
Re: Matt Peet reveals whether Cade Cust is likely to play in the play-offs after the Wigan Warriors halfback picked up e
Post Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:00 pm

1. Powell will be picked. Peet has been superb this year, and even if he picks Powell and we lose, he is massively in credit as far as I am concerned.
2. We have played Saints 4 times, and lost both times Powell played, and won (in our best performances of the year) when O’Neill was hooker. I like O’Neill because, as he offers a running threat, it keeps the defence honest around the ruck. That frees up space further out, and in French and Field there are no better players in the league. That’s a reasonable opinion, and the evidence of the games against Saints supports this.
I just checked back through this season's fixtures and found the following:

Lost 31-22 to Hull.
Team included O'Neill, French and Field.

Lost 32-22 to Huddersfield.
O'Neill and French played

Lost 30-12 to Wakefield.
O'Neill French and Field.

Following your reasoning, I presume you believe we should drop these 3 players? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐