Jake Wardle joins Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
doc

Re: Jake Wardle joins Wigan

Post by doc »

valentino wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:26 pm Two centres for one.Three of our best academy ptoducts plus Bobby.allgoneWhy are we training these lads? I hope this is leading up to something else.
To be fair, we have had Halsall out on loan and he can't have played more than a dozen first team games (mainly on the wing) due to others being ahead of him and we are replacing him with a player on the fringes of the England squad - a definite upgrade.

When we sign a lad for the academy we have no idea how well they will progress and, if they are a suitable standard, will there be a first team slot available. For some it will be down to a matter of luck i.e. is there a first team player with a long term injury/retiring when they are ready for the first team and then will they seize their chance.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

doc wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:47 pm
valentino wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:26 pm Two centres for one.Three of our best academy ptoducts plus Bobby.allgoneWhy are we training these lads? I hope this is leading up to something else.
To be fair, we have had Halsall out on loan and he can't have played more than a dozen first team games (mainly on the wing) due to others being ahead of him and we are replacing him with a player on the fringes of the England squad - a definite upgrade.

When we sign a lad for the academy we have no idea how well they will progress and, if they are a suitable standard, will there be a first team slot available. For some it will be down to a matter of luck i.e. is there a first team player with a long term injury/retiring when they are ready for the first team and then will they seize their chance.
Spot on Doc.
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:30 pm Not happy about losing Sam Halsall!!
I agree with you Josie about losing Sam Halsall. The lad had prospects.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

PF Warrior wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:22 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:30 pm Not happy about losing Sam Halsall!!
Iget the feeling this deal was already made with wardle….. this is possibly why peety didnt play him…… great prediction off john and dan……. Hopefully there next prediction of a big signing is imminent
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:26 pm
Iget the feeling this deal was already made with wardle….. this is possibly why peety didnt play him…… great prediction off john and dan……. Hopefully there next prediction of a big signing is imminent
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves or Martin Taupau
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Good signing but surprised Halsall has gone. I thought King was here for a season while Halsall was being lined up to be a first team regular the season after. Who will the reserve centre be next year, Thornley? Presumably the club must have a plan for the season after given King is on loan.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Great that its finally announced, although I am gutted to be losing Sam, only silver lining is the player replacing him is far better as things stand. However Halsall still could end up having the better career if he fulfils his potential.

I do not think Wigan are finished for 2023. I have a feeling there will still be at least one more coming in.
Stanfax

Post by Stanfax »

Me too.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:29 pm Great that its finally announced, although I am gutted to be losing Sam, only silver lining is the player replacing him is far better as things stand. However Halsall still could end up having the better career if he fulfils his potential.

I do not think Wigan are finished for 2023. I have a feeling there will still be at least one more coming in.
Halsall for me had stood still he wasn't grabbing the chances when they came along so perhaps he needed to move on to fulfill his potential but we shall see.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Let's hope Wardle doesn't think the m62 Is to much of a drive.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.