Owen Farrell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Owen Farrell

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:33 pm Didn't play in today's match against Newcastle Falcons...........
I wouldn't read anything into it. They rested a few other players who played in the world cup. Newcastle are cannon fodder
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:40 pm
buttmonkey2 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:33 pm Didn't play in today's match against Newcastle Falcons...........
I wouldn't read anything into it. They rested a few other players who played in the world cup. Newcastle are cannon fodder
That's how I saw it too seems they could have sent a kids team up there and got a similar result
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Talking of union converts, I see England wing Henry Arundell is being "linked" with a move to rugby league (specifically the NRL) in today's papers.

I'm sure it is all just a manufactured rumour to try and prompt the RFU / Premiership clubs in to making him an offer or integrating him back into the England set up when his short term contract in France is up but if he is genuinely interested he is someone to keep tabs on. Very quick and strong with an eye for the spectacular (albeit with a lot of "work ons" like any young player).
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

DaiJones wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:05 pm Talking of union converts, I see England wing Henry Arundell is being "linked" with a move to rugby league (specifically the NRL) in today's papers.

I'm sure it is all just a manufactured rumour to try and prompt the RFU / Premiership clubs in to making him an offer or integrating him back into the England set up when his short term contract in France is up but if he is genuinely interested he is someone to keep tabs on. Very quick and strong with an eye for the spectacular (albeit with a lot of "work ons" like any young player).
He's a great talent but as you say, huge amount of work ons. If he played SL next season he would get found out massively in defence and in other aspects of the game.

I don't see why he would want to join SL with the amount of money possible to be made in union. He's only a kid and will be earning probably more than 95% of SL players at Racing
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Agreed. This story looks very much like an agent ploy to alert RU clubs and England
willholt

Post by willholt »

Saw this story suggesting that due to new salary cap regs in union Saracens are having to massively cut Maro Itoje’s wage so they can keep Farrell:

https://www.planetrugby.com/news/400k-p ... ell-report
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I notice Farrell played today I rather think this one is done now and he's staying put
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’m sick of this thread now🥴
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

It seems like Owen Farrell is to be the Sarries marquee player and Itoje is off so it looks like this rumour is dead. Oh well.
I would love us (and all Super League clubs) to be making use of the rugby union market. There is a lot of talent there and we should be able to offer a viable career option for those who don’t become regular test stars
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

DaiJones wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:09 pm It seems like Owen Farrell is to be the Sarries marquee player and Itoje is off so it looks like this rumour is dead. Oh well.
I would love us (and all Super League clubs) to be making use of the rugby union market. There is a lot of talent there and we should be able to offer a viable career option for those who don’t become regular test stars
England are in absolute disarray as well currently losing teams left right and centre, losing players to France. I can only think of a handful of players realistically who would be top players in SL.