Pre season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Pre season

Post by Suzieb »

Looking at the training pictures I’ve not seen Field or French anyone know if their both in Aus or here this is suzies hubby
Crossy210

Re: Pre season

Post by Crossy210 »

Suzieb wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:37 pm Looking at the training pictures I’ve not seen Field or French anyone know if their both in Aus or here this is suzies hubby
From the looks of their instagrams they are both still in Australia.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Yes they are, they got extra time off. Kaide Ellis alludes to it in his interview on Wigan TV
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Cheers
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

How come their allowed to miss some pre season they haven’t played in their World Cup team rules for some but not others all wrong suzies husband
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

But did SuzieB say cheers, or was it her husband? We'll never know.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Forever Warrior

Post by Forever Warrior »

I would guess that the extended break back home in the pre-season may be part of their new contract conditions. If they play anything like they did last season then I’m not complaining.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Last bite of the year all the best
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Forever Warrior wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:48 pm I would guess that the extended break back home in the pre-season may be part of their new contract conditions. If they play anything like they did last season then I’m not complaining.
That’s why they have been given extra leave time 😊 I’m not complaining either 🏉🍒⚪️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

It’s always going to be a balancing act in terms of keeping them happy, whilst not putting other players noses out of joint. Ultimately if we need to offer more time in Oz to keep them, then that’s a decision you can’t blame anyone for making. I think the other players also aren’t daft. They’ll know how important they are and that our chances of success greatly increase with them in the team.

What I would say is that you’d hope both lads wouldn’t push it too far. The whole squad breaks for Christmas I believe but those two shouldn’t be long after that. They’re natural athletes, so they might not need the fitness work the big lads do but they still need time to get ready and get combinations going.