Batemans's departure confirmed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Re: Batemans's departure confirmed

Post by widdenoldboy »

PJC wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:19 pm Totally agree with keeping on topic but I couldn’t resist this. I m just watching the 1988 Warrington v Wigan on New Year’s Day.
Suggest son of Les Boyd if he has one
:lol: :lol: :D
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

PJC wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:19 pm Totally agree with keeping on topic but I couldn’t resist this. I m just watching the 1988 Warrington v Wigan on New Year’s Day.
Suggest son of Les Boyd if he has one
kieran cunningham?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:50 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:17 pm Anyway, let’s keep this topic on Bateman & start another on who we would like to see at loose or dare I say hooker 😉

I know, I’m as guilty as anyone for going off topic 😳 but usually in reply to others 😊
I know, its tempting :oops: Sorry! :D
It’s okay, all of us are prone to going off on tangent 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

The Pearl1 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:46 am
MrAlex wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:22 am Nobody will see the money the club have got for Bateman...with the club's losses and the state of Lenagans various business finances, it's just something to take the edge off the various debts.
Absolute nonsense.
Why?
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

I do wonder why Wigan didn’t hold Bateman to the same agreement they had with Zak Hardaker last year. They gave Hardaker a time period to find a new club. Surely we could have held Bateman to his contract if there was no possibility of a replacement?

And before the sarcastic comments come in I know JB has a typed poorly but he isn’t Zak Hardaker
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:20 pm I do wonder why Wigan didn’t hold Bateman to the same agreement they had with Zak Hardaker last year. They gave Hardaker a time period to find a new club. Surely we could have held Bateman to his contract if there was no possibility of a replacement?

And before the sarcastic comments come in I know JB has a typed poorly but he isn’t Zak Hardaker
We missed out on any transfer fee in the hardaker situation.

Money talks and all that.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

From what I was told he went quiet on us and all this wouldn't talk until after the world cup was a surprise after what he had said. Basically not because he wasn't sure if he wanted to stay but if Wests would find a way to sign him and get rid of Hastings. We didn't get any approach from them just from Batty sounding us out earlier in season for family reasons. He used his contract as a safety net but it was just a waiting game for pieces falling into place. Also it wasn't all the staff who wanted him to stay anyway and it's not really been the bad news we may imagine that he's gone for some. It's disappointed others the way he's gone about it because it's showed no respect for ones high up who have gone out on a limb for him quite a few times and have had a longer personal relationship with him since he came to our youth set up and over his time with us. On reflection I hope it's the last time we bother with this business of re signing players it's not worked as it? I'm glad he's out of here not many troublesome players left now. Sorry if this is old news but was told second hand from a players agent.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

lucky 13 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:48 pm From what I was told he went quiet on us and all this wouldn't talk until after the world cup was a surprise after what he had said. Basically not because he wasn't sure if he wanted to stay but if Wests would find a way to sign him and get rid of Hastings. We didn't get any approach from them just from Batty sounding us out earlier in season for family reasons. He used his contract as a safety net but it was just a waiting game for pieces falling into place. Also it wasn't all the staff who wanted him to stay anyway and it's not really been the bad news we may imagine that he's gone for some. It's disappointed others the way he's gone about it because it's showed no respect for ones high up who have gone out on a limb for him quite a few times and have had a longer personal relationship with him since he came to our youth set up and over his time with us. On reflection I hope it's the last time we bother with this business of re signing players it's not worked as it? I'm glad he's out of here not many troublesome players left now. Sorry if this is old news but was told second hand from a players agent.
rubbish the fee was agreed just after the season as they approached us and we gave them a figure, we sold bateman...
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Sure pal
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

May we'll be rubbish just passing on what came as second hand from a decent source with players at the club. Can't see why we would come out with the statement we did and why we held back as it stopped us making a signing. It's just like me saying your statement is rubbish and he definitely didn't sign after the season, because Wests went after another half to replace Hastings and the new cap wasn't sorted but I won't :roll: :D
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!