2023 could be their year.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ian.birchall

2023 could be their year.

Post by ian.birchall »

Yes I know Leeds were shocking in the first half last night but the really impressive thing about the Wire last night for me was the fact that their 7 tries were scored by 7 different players.
Looks like they could have strike players all over the field.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Gerrumonside

Re: 2023 could be their year.

Post by Gerrumonside »

Yes watched it last night and considering McGuire out suspended and dudson and Philbin out injured they have quite a pack! Few good backs as well - would love to know where they are with the salary cap :idea:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I got slated on here for saying g that rebuild was needed at Warrington,yes it was funny watching go from bad to worse but it had to be done far to .any old faces,far to many players to comfy and a legacy of vanity signings..did they really do their homework on Williams did they know really what type of player they where signing I'm not sure they did he goes about hjs work quietly and now partnered with drinkwater that pressure if off him he can get to work and I think Williams will go well,another vanity signing.. Greg inglis..why? Abject stupidity to sign a player long since retired through injury that's the type of club Powell walked into it was always going to be root and branch the rebuild needed there.

Last night was a start they where enjoyable to watch,proved Leeds are still choc fully of journeymen who knows it might take this season as well but it's clear Warrington have backed Powell to the hilt and credit to them for that.
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

For once they look to have recruited well. If they can’t win silverware with that pack and the spine they have they never will. I think we need to take a leaf out of their book as our forward pack after this season needs an overhaul. Hopefully we can bring in quality forwards like Maguire and Vaughan. The likes of singleton, isa, Powell, Cooper, Mago and Ellis need to be moved on. Also Farrell not getting any younger and we are losing KPP as well.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Graham1 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:07 pm For once they look to have recruited well. If they can’t win silverware with that pack and the spine they have they never will. I think we need to take a leaf out of their book as our forward pack after this season needs an overhaul. Hopefully we can bring in quality forwards like Maguire and Vaughan. The likes of singleton, isa, Powell, Cooper, Mago and Ellis need to be moved on. Also Farrell not getting any younger and we are losing KPP as well.
Luke Thompson, Ben Trbojevic and Payne Haas to replace Mago, Isa and Ellis, of the top of my head would be good signings
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

It could indeed be there year....for the Challenge Cup and League Leaders Shield!

Haven't got the bottle for the Grand Final (£100 million salary cap or not)!

Il hold my hands up if a Wire V Stains Old Trafford duel determines the champions....I'd rather have the Stain!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Im sorry but im not gonna jump on there bandwaggon after one win against a poor leeds performance…… wire played the usual 100mph rugby that will not last all season…… granted they gave good forwards but there quick ptbs and 100mph rugby will slow to a halt i reckon….. defo improved on last season but still saints or wigan for me…… on leeds, they were awful all last season but still got to the final….. fitness and injuries always play a massive part
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:43 pm Im sorry but im not gonna jump on there bandwaggon after one win against a poor leeds performance…… wire played the usual 100mph rugby that will not last all season…… granted they gave good forwards but there quick ptbs and 100mph rugby will slow to a halt i reckon….. defo improved on last season but still saints or wigan for me…… on leeds, they were awful all last season but still got to the final….. fitness and injuries always play a massive part
No one is saying they will get near the grand final but they've grasped.the nettle and got rid of a lot of deadwood and brought in some good signings they don't seem to have strength in depth so as ever injuries will play their part,but there a lot nearer to getting back to within at least thinking of a longer season than the last few years that much ks plain to see even after one game my feeling though it'll take this season.to bed them in so there will be duff games as well.

As for Leeds they made that grand final off the vack of Matty Peets one mistake last season playing the full strength side against cstalams kids made no sense and led to a more damaging injury than French's losing Cade Cust again,Leeds allowed a saints side that never got out of third geared alone second gear to win that grand final at a canter,and that's down to the sport for allowing it to happen.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:27 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:43 pm Im sorry but im not gonna jump on there bandwaggon after one win against a poor leeds performance…… wire played the usual 100mph rugby that will not last all season…… granted they gave good forwards but there quick ptbs and 100mph rugby will slow to a halt i reckon….. defo improved on last season but still saints or wigan for me…… on leeds, they were awful all last season but still got to the final….. fitness and injuries always play a massive part
No one is saying they will get near the grand final but they've grasped.the nettle and got rid of a lot of deadwood and brought in some good signings they don't seem to have strength in depth so as ever injuries will play their part,but there a lot nearer to getting back to within at least thinking of a longer season than the last few years that much ks plain to see even after one game my feeling though it'll take this season.to bed them in so there will be duff games as well.

As for Leeds they made that grand final off the vack of Matty Peets one mistake last season playing the full strength side against cstalams kids made no sense and led to a more damaging injury than French's losing Cade Cust again,Leeds allowed a saints side that never got out of third geared alone second gear to win that grand final at a canter,and that's down to the sport for allowing it to happen.
I think they made the grand final as they seemed fitter than us as half there squad hadnt played most of the season….. they did have quite a few out last nite as well….. yes wigan were silly to not rest players prior to the semi 😞
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I went to the game last night on the away end with Leeds fans. Some gallows humour around too!

Whilst Wire were impressive and Leeds hopeless what was good was the way Wire sub'd their front row. Along with Bullock and Kasiano they brought on Danny Walker. He changed the way they attacked and Leeds couldn't cope. Wire knew what Walker would bring, he played well and scored a good try.

Perhaps we'll go back to two 9s in a game. O'Neil coming on would change our attack which is what Walker did. Our bringing on two props but staying with Powell and things stay much the same and our opposition know it. Hardly a new idea but it worked for Wire and took the score from 18-0 to 30-0 and ended the game as a contest. Maybe something we could look at?