Sean O’Loughlin OBE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Sean O’Loughlin OBE

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors legend and assistant coach @seanol13 visited Windsor Castle today to receive his OBE for services to Rugby League.

https://twitter.com/wiganwarriorsrl/sta ... 12736?s=12
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wintergreen

Re: Sean O’Loughlin OBE

Post by Wintergreen »

Well deserved. He wasn't the most talented, and imo was a blinking liability in his early years.

However, and it is a big however, his obvious work ethic paid dividends and by the end of his career he was a very very good RL player.

A credit to his sport.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Congratulations Lockers. One of the best rugby players and an even better person.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:41 pm Congratulations Lockers. One of the best rugby players and an even better person.
That’s true.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wintergreen wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:15 pm Well deserved. He wasn't the most talented, and imo was a blinking liability in his early years.

However, and it is a big however, his obvious work ethic paid dividends and by the end of his career he was a very very good RL player.

A credit to his sport.
I disagree completely with your first statement!

I watched Lockers from him playing at St Pats & through his academy years. I could see then the potential & even told him at 18, he would take over the captaincy from Andy Farrell. (You can ask him the about the last bit) 😊

He became the best attacking & passing Loose Forward of his generation. As to being a liability when he was young, that’s how a person learns by their mistakes.

A credit to his family, the sport, Wigan Warriors & the town of Wigan.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Had a good chat with Sean I was brought up with his dad and Uncle Kevin on Norley Hall such a nice lad he gave me time of day .Keirons family was such a nice family His dad always wore a tie and i think a trilby and was always courteous always saying hello when passing .
PJC

Post by PJC »

Sean O’Loughlin was an extremely talented player. It shows much about his character when you consider that he took on the captaincy at a young age when the team were performing poorly and threatened with relegation and came through it .
I often thought that it was a pity for him that over the years he wasn’t able to play behind consistently strong packs.