Tonights Game v Catalans Dragons

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan squad for Catalans

Post by josie andrews »

21-man squad named for Thursday’s Round 4 game against Catalans.

Matt Peet names an unchanged 21-player squad.

Wigan Warriors v Catalans Dragons, Thursday 9th March (8pm K.O.)

Matt Peet has today confirmed his squad selection for Wigan’s Super League Round 4 fixture at home to Catalans.

The Warriors are back in action this Thursday as they welcome Catalans Dragons to the DW Stadium for Round 4 of Betfred Super League.

Team News

Matt Peet has confirmed an unchanged 21-player squad for Thursday’s game as Catalans Dragons come to town:

1 Jai Field
2 Bevan French
3 Toby King
4 Jake Wardle
5 Liam Marshall
6 Cade Cust
7 Harry Smith
8 Brad Singleton
9 Sam Powell
10 Liam Byrne
11 Willie Isa
12 Liam Farrell
13 Morgan Smithies
14 Mike Cooper
15 Kaide Ellis
16 Ethan Havard
17 Kai Pearce Paul
20 Patrick Mago
22 Brad O’Neil
23 Abbas Miski
27 Junior Nsemba

Don’t forget, Season Ticket Holders can bring a friend for FREE for this Thursday’s game against Catalans! Secure your free ticket by clicking HERE, before 5pm on Wednesday 8th March.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/03/ ... atalans-4/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Re: Wigan squad for Catalans

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews

Re: Wigan squad for Catalanso

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors vs Catalan Dragons: Tomkins absent again as Super League sides set for crunch tv game

SAM TOMKINS will once again miss Catalans Dragons’ fixture as the French side go up against Wigan Warriors on Thursday night.

Tomkins has yet to play a game in the 2023 Super League season after undergoing knee surgery back in January following the Rugby League World Cup.

The Dragons have endured a difficult period in terms of injury with Mitchell Pearce, Fouad Yaha and Tyrone May just some of those that have missed the opening few games in Super League

Tomkins will miss out on Thursday as will Matt Whitley, Pearce and Yaha.

1. Arthur Mourge
2. Tom Davies
3. Adam Keighran
4. Matthieu Laguerre
6. Tyrone May
8. Mike McMeeken
9. Micky McIlorum
10. Julian Bousquet
12. Paul Seguier
13. Benjamin Garcia
15. Mickael Goudemand
18. Tiaki Chan
19. Arthur Romano
22. Siua Taukeiaho
23. Jordan Dezaria
24. Tom Johnstone
25. Bastien Scimone
26. Manu Ma’u
28. Ugo Tison
30. Loan Castano
31. Tanguy Zenon

Meanwhile, Wigan boss Matt Peet has named an unchanged 21-man squad from the one that thrashed Castleford Tigers 36-0 last week.

1 Jai Field
2 Bevan French
3 Toby King
4 Jake Wardle
5 Liam Marshall
6 Cade Cust
7 Harry Smith
8 Brad Singleton
9 Sam Powell
10 Liam Byrne
11 Willie Isa
12 Liam Farrell
13 Morgan Smithies
14 Mike Cooper
15 Kaide Ellis
16 Ethan Havard
17 Kai Pearce-Paul
20 Patrick Mago
22 Brad O’Neill
23 Abbas Miski
27 Junior Nsemba

TV Channel

The game will be shown on Sky Sports Arena from 7.30pm with an 8pm kick-off

https://www.totalrl.com/wigan-warriors- ... h-tv-game/
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
moto748

Post by moto748 »

According to my Virgin Media TV Guide, Sky Sports Mix are showing a 15 minute highlights package of the game at 6 pm tomorrow.

I think I'll watch that and then pop into the bookies on the way to the match!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:45 pm According to my Virgin Media TV Guide, Sky Sports Mix are showing a 15 minute highlights package of the game at 6 pm tomorrow.

Shush it's the future you know showing matches before they get played :lol:
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

moto748 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:45 pm According to my Virgin Media TV Guide, Sky Sports Mix are showing a 15 minute highlights package of the game at 6 pm tomorrow.

I bet they don't show the highlights at 6 now :lol:
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

This will be a good test to see how good we are.
Johnstone has hit the ground running for Catalan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

So, Davies v Marshall, then? That will be a contest worth seeing in itself.
josie andrews

Match Preview: Catalans (H

Post by josie andrews »

In association with Davanti Tyres, here is everything you need to know ahead of Thursday’s home clash against Catalans Dragons (8pm K.O.)

Warriors will be looking to make it three Super League wins on the bounce, following on from a hard-fought 36-0 victory over Castleford and keeping consecutive nils.

Squad News

Head Coach Matt Peet has announced an unchanged 21-man squad heading into Round 4, coming off the back of a victory against Castleford.

1 Jai Field
2 Bevan French
3 Toby King
4 Jake Wardle
5 Liam Marshall
6 Cade Cust
7 Harry Smith
8 Brad Singleton
9 Sam Powell
10 Liam Byrne
11 Willie Isa
12 Liam Farrell
13 Morgan Smithies
14 Mike Cooper
15 Kaide Ellis
16 Ethan Havard
17 Kai Pearce-Paul
20 Patrick Mago
22 Brad O’Neill
23 Abbas Miski
27 Junior Nsemba

Opposition

Catalans also named their squad on Tuesday afternoon:

1. Arthur Mourge
2. Tom Davies
3. Adam Keighran
4. Matthieu Laguerre
6. Tyrone May
8. Mike McMeeken
9. Micky McIlorum
10. Julian Bousquet
12. Paul Seguier
13. Benjamin Garcia
15. Mickael Goudemand
18. Tiaki Chan
19. Arthur Romano
22. Siua Taukeiaho
23. Jordan Dezaria
24. Tom Johnstone
25. Bastien Scimone
26. Manu Ma’u
28. Ugo Tison
30. Loan Castano
31. Tanguy Zenon

Previous Meetings

Last Ten:

Wigan 48, Catalans Dragons 4 (SLR27, 2/9/22)

Catalans Dragons 28, Wigan 0 (SLR5, 12/3/22)

Wigan 12, Catalans Dragons 8 (SLR25, 17/9/21)

Catalans Dragons 48, Wigan 0 (SLR8, 29/5/21)

Catalans Dragons 12, Wigan 28 (SLR12, 12/9/20)

Wigan 46, Catalans Dragons 12 (SLR28, 6/9/19)

Catalans Dragons 33, Wigan 16 (SLR15, 18/5/19, at Camp Nou, Barcelona)

Wigan 42, Catalans Dragons 0 (SLR8, 31/3/19)

Catalans Dragons 6, Wigan 35 (SLS8-R2, 18/8/18) Wigan 25, Catalans Dragons 20 (SLR23, 27/7/18)

Super League Summary

Wigan wins: 30

Catalans wins: 11

Draws: 1

Coaches Quotes

Matt Peet spoke to the press ahead of Thursday’s clash, saying: “I think they’re one of the teams you expect in the Semis and in the mix.

“I know they recruit quality and I like the way they integrate French youngsters. In the past they’ve had the odd flair player in the halves or full back, but they’re producing more industrious players. I think they’ve got more players in those roles we have a lot of respect for. All the clubs who produce their own players and have the best academies win competitions. I put Catalans in that bracket now.” Read the full Peet Preview HERE.

Matchday Info

Bring a friend FREE

Wigan Warriors 2023 Season Ticket holders are entitled to bring a friend along to see Wigan v Catalans on Thursday 9th March, for free. The free ticket MUST be claimed by 5pm on Wednesday 7th March – click HERE to claim!

Ticket prices for the game are as follows:

South Stand:

Loyal 18 members – from £10 Junior and £24 Adults
General sale – from £12 Junior and £26 Adults

East and West Stands:

Loyal 18 members – from £20 Junior and £28 Adult
General sale – from £22 Junior and £30 Adult
How to buy

You can buy tickets for both games in either of these three ways:

Buy online by clicking HERE.

Call the DW Stadium Ticket Office on 01942 311111 (open 9am-5pm Mon-Fri).

Visit the DW Stadium Ticket Office in person (open 9am-5pm Mon-Fri).
Robin Park Fan Village

Our Fan Village at Robin Park Arena is open from 5:30pm! Head over to soak up the pre-match atmosphere, with free entry for all with a valid match ticket. Our Club store and pop-up store will both be open to pick up any merchandise ahead of the game, as well as two on-site bars.

We will have an array of entertainment at the Fan Village with our host giving you all the matchday information including team news and Q&As with players. We will also have a number of live singers and music on to get you into the spirit ready for our 8pm K.O.

Golden Gamble and Matchday Programme

There are 7 prizes up for grabs for this weeks Golden Gamble half-time draw! For just £1 per ticket (CASH ONLY), prizes on Thursday 9th March include a Cash Prize, a Player’s Match worn shirt and plenty of fantastic vouchers, not forgetting the famous Jar of Uncle Joe’s Mint Balls.

Our ‘Warrior’ Matchday Programme will also be available from our sellers around the ground for £4, as well as being available to purchase in our Club Store at Robin Park Arena. You can also purchase our Matchday Programme digitally for just £3, available to buy 60 minutes before kick-off (7:00pm) HERE.

Kit Check

Warriors will be playing in their famous home shirt colours of Cherry and White at the DW Stadium on Thursday. Not got yours? Join the pack and get your very own replica home shirt by visiting HERE.

Match Officials

The man in the middle for Thursday will be Marcus Griffifths who last refereed Wigan in a 30-12 away loss at Wakefield in August 2022.

How to Follow

If you’re not able to make it to the DW Stadium for the game, you can still keep up to date with all the action in any of these ways:

Listen Live

Listen to free audio commentary of Wigan Warriors vs Catalans Dragons at the DW Stadium (8pm KO).

Our regular commentary team of Joe Mills and Bilko (Andrew Rimmer) will bring you full commentary, with coverage starting 10 minutes before kick-off (7:50pm). Head to our Mixlr page by clicking HERE. Alternatively, you can simply use the pop out player below:

Social Media

As an alternative to following the game, Wigan fans can keep up-to-date with every piece of the action via our social media channels and website:

Twitter (@WiganWarriorsRL) – live game updates and reaction at the final hooter.
Instagram (@wiganwarriorsrl) – behind-the-scenes action, both before and after kick-off.
Facebook (Wigan Warriors) – live matchday information and reaction.
Website (www.wiganwarriors.com) – post-match reaction including match report, and head coach and players reaction

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/03/ ... talans-h/H
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: Match Preview: Catalans (H

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Edinburgh branch classic fail to get to Wigan today . West Coast and East Coast trains lines both closed . I'm returning home to watch it on TV .

EW
2002 and EW is hooked