Matty Peet

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Matty Peet

Post by ian.birchall »

Just watched his Wigantv interview, sounds lost and what's most worryingly for me, just like Lam who always seemed lost after a bad defeat.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Barney841

Re: Matty Peet

Post by Barney841 »

ian.birchall wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:16 am Just watched his Wigantv interview, sounds lost and what's most worryingly for me, just like Lam who always seemed lost after a bad defeat.
Time will tell. He’s still an inexperienced coach and he needs learn, just quickly
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Is this not the problem then ?
An inexperienced ( super league I’ll add ) coach .
WIGIAN

Post by WIGIAN »

To be fair following a poor defensive start game he got a response of 96-0 in the next two. Yes I get they werent great sides but I think people are underplaying Cas result they are no mugs at home. I dont have any worries with MP as coach we're 4 games in . Truth is we have entered the season light in the pack with money to spend late on in the off season and no one worthy of buying as yet. Leeds would be thinking we may lose another 4 and still get it right at the back end
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

up the junction wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:36 am Is this not the problem then ?
An inexperienced ( super league I’ll add ) coach .
That was always the risk but to be fair he did good in his first season
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

It will soon become apparent why Lee Briers quit after one season. He could see the 'jobs for the boys' system in action and he knew there was nothing going for him at Wigan. Both TL and SoL ought to have been shipped out to championship clubs for a couple of years. As it is, we're right back where we were in 2013, won the cup and facing several years of boring Wane-style rugby. It's the only system they (Peet and co) have, they're steeped in it and it isn't going to change. We are a top 6 side at best and are already jockeying for position with the likes of Huddersfield and Leeds for 4th, 5th or 6th place, the best we can hope for. How long before the fans are telling Matty Peet that the honeymoon period is over.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

bill.inger wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:44 pm It will soon become apparent why Lee Briers quit after one season. He could see the 'jobs for the boys' system in action and he knew there was nothing going for him at Wigan. Both TL and SoL ought to have been shipped out to championship clubs for a couple of years. As it is, we're right back where we were in 2013, won the cup and facing several years of boring Wane-style rugby. It's the only system they (Peet and co) have, they're steeped in it and it isn't going to change. We are a top 6 side at best and are already jockeying for position with the likes of Huddersfield and Leeds for 4th, 5th or 6th place, the best we can hope for. How long before the fans are telling Matty Peet that the honeymoon period is over.
Excellent post
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I like Peet and i think the key difference between him and lam (and wane for that matter) he usually identifies the issues in line with the fans, and is very honest i think the problem with peet and the Wigan set up is tha they are unwilling to solve certain problems
I think it took us a while to catch up with the speed of the ruck. I think our execution also let us down.
Here he mentions ruck speed - he did a few times in the interview, both from a attack and defense point

Issue is Powell will 100% be nailed on at 9 until he decides when he wants to retire into his guarenteed coaching role - and that sentence is why Wigan will not catch st helens or others anytime soon
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:29 pm I like Peet and i think the key difference between him and lam (and wane for that matter) he usually identifies the issues in line with the fans, and is very honest i think the problem with peet and the Wigan set up is tha they are unwilling to solve certain problems
I think it took us a while to catch up with the speed of the ruck. I think our execution also let us down.
Here he mentions ruck speed - he did a few times in the interview, both from a attack and defense point

Issue is Powell will 100% be nailed on at 9 until he decides when he wants to retire into his guarenteed coaching role - and that sentence is why Wigan will not catch st helens or others anytime soon
Fair post to be honest
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:29 pm I like Peet and i think the key difference between him and lam (and wane for that matter) he usually identifies the issues in line with the fans, and is very honest i think the problem with peet and the Wigan set up is tha they are unwilling to solve certain problems

I think Powells been here that long no one has the guts to drop him, it’s like he’s part of the furniture,
To be a top coach you’ve got to be ruthless