Matty Peet

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Re: Matty Peet

Post by jobo »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:51 pm The cup didn’t count?
👍
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

jobo wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:57 pm
👍
Counted for me
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Last season's results overall were surely much better than most were predicting at the start of the season. By any reasonable standard (I know, I know! :) ), MP did very well last season. So he has a fair bit of credit in the bank for me.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I haven’t read the whole thread, but assuming this is a discussion about Matty P, then I have been impressed by everything I have seen and heard of him. He has earned our trust. There will be an element of learning on the job, and he can only work with the players he has available at this stage. He’ll do for me.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:14 pm
👍
Counted for me
And me. I’d settle for it again this season.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Matty is a very good coach and a cracking bloke.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Matty Peet has never sounded lost like Lam did. He’s done a fine job so far and a couple of early season losses doesn’t change that. Nobody is perfect though and there are areas he can improve in, as there would be with any coach. I think he’s been let down a little this season with the lack of recruits in the pack but there’s time for that to change (and it will need to). One thing I hope to see from him is a ruthless edge. I’ve backed Sam Powell over the years but guys like him and Singleton cannot be undroppable based solely on being good eggs. Singleton has been up and down but certainly in the case of Powell, he is way off IMO. He’s always lacked pace but everything looks to be in slow motion at the minute. I feel like I’ve seen enough of him and Brad O’Neill in the last year and a bit to come to the conclusion that Powell is not offering more than O’Neill does. I’d make that change starting next Friday but I just can’t see it.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:02 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:14 pm

👍
Counted for me
And me. I’d settle for it again this season.
Same here
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

DaveO wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:02 pm

He also went into the game with a strange bench selection, dropping O'Neil for KPP who did nothing last time out so Powell had to play the full 80 anyway. Apart from Mago he had nothing on the bench to add impact or to change things around so when plan A wasn't working he didn't even give himself an option of a plan B.
He played same team as last week which won away zeroed opposition.
So he didn't drop O'niel this week and I can see why he went with that team..
He also used a plan B when Cats scored their last try, he took Powell off and shuffled his playmakers Bevan went 1 , Jai 6, and Cust 9 with King to wing.
We was blunt 100% = early season, bad weather, one of them games, Cats played well or we are now totally crap without Briers take your pick.
I do agree we lacked impact off the bench but Mago KPP Ellis Havard isn't bad and should have given us enough?
I do think we need more from 9 we miss a trick of offered threat, the main knock from that is it makes ball players easier targets for defenders a decent run from your 9 holds markers A defenders tighter at the ruck and saps energy. Powells stats was pretty good on paper but we do need more for me. The only advantage is he can do 80 and it makes a bench spot free.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:04 pm Love it 4 games in a MP is out of his depth, it was all Briers and Briers left because of the jobs for boys culture.

While it's okay to have concerns one word comes to mind. Pathetic
Spot on....
.... Peet was a risk a calculated one though which brought success earlier than expected. Most teams bar Saints and Leeds would be lording him we are in a privileged position of expecting more.
Briers didn't leave because of a job for the boys, he always had an eye in Aus and only circumstances let us get him along with a good relationship with Peet.
Do you think the likes of Peet who's worked with Madge, Wane Briers Lam and also had a year in Union has picked nothing up that's new to the club? Tommy spent a few years away and was also heavily involved in NZ world cup set up.
Will this work? No idea but you can't know 100% even with the very best.
The set up is definitely 100% trying and it as the good of the club, town and fans running through it's veins.
Did I like to watch that? No it was a ugly performance but you can't win all the time.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!