Sadly Sculthorpe is Right

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Charriots Offiah

Sadly Sculthorpe is Right

Post by Charriots Offiah »

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/paul-scu ... lem-70159/

The problem we have got is that we do develop players but sadly let them leave!
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Sadly Sculthorpe is Right

Post by Mike »

You know. I now do believe you're a stains fan. It's got a bit much this.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:57 am https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/paul-scu ... lem-70159/

The problem we have got is that we do develop players but sadly let them leave!
I think he's right like it or not plus in wigans case they produce a lot of similar type players I suppose they're fishing in a small pool given the huge football catchment area it resides in,and as for his assessment of thrussday game he was spot on it was bloody awful and being sat in that weather maybe made it worse I don't know maybe it's easy to sit and try to take positives when at home with a cup of tea and I digestive.
Charriots Offiah

Mike wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:27 am You know. I now do believe you're a stains fan. It's got a bit much this.
What gives you that impression Mike?
jobo

Post by jobo »

Nothing against Scully but we only ever seem to hear from him when something goes wrong. Can't recall anything from him about the previous 2 matches.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

He’s telling us nothing we don’t already know.
More money in the NRL, better quality and better following. Exactly why it’s attractive.
Until the UK does the above, it will always be the same
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:19 am
Mike wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:27 am You know. I now do believe you're a stains fan. It's got a bit much this.
Because every time you lost it's either saints are great or wigan are crap. Doesn't sound like a wigan fan to me. :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Charriots Offiah

Mike wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:31 pm
Because every time you lost it's either saints are great or wigan are crap. Doesn't sound like a wigan fan to me. :D
I don’t think Saints are great but I do respect what they have done over the past few years and I think they should be applauded no matter how much it hurts. What hurts me most is that we should have been winning several GF’s but, regrettably, due to poor recruitment management and player retention we haven’t! I also try and post reasoned comments. Nobody wants Wigan to win more than I do, full stop. But I am not willing to bury my head in the sand. If that is what you choose to do then that is fine. People want to be entertained, and that is also fine, but I want us to win and lift trophies on a regular basis no matter what.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:02 am
Mike wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:31 pm

I don’t think Saints are great but I do respect what they have done over the past few years and I think they should be applauded no matter how much it hurts. What hurts me most is that we should have been winning several GF’s but, regrettably, due to poor recruitment management and player retention we haven’t! I also try and post reasoned comments. Nobody wants Wigan to win more than I do, full stop. But I am not willing to bury my head in the sand. If that is what you choose to do then that is fine. People want to be entertained, and that is also fine, but I want us to win and lift trophies on a regular basis no matter what.
You want half the team gone don't you? When I suggest how we could improve you say it's not possible, no overseas players available, hard to move players on. Then you criticize the club for not doing more than what you just said was unrealistic. How can they ever meet your expectations?

I personally think we're in a building process that probably reaches it's peak this season. If we can hang on to french and field we've got an outside chance of another couple of years to improve. Year on year I see improvement in the squad. It's not perfect, but it's unrealistic to fix all the areas that need improvement in one season. We've addressed the centre situation, perhaps at a cost to the second row which we were very strong in. Some opinions suggest the second row is much weaker now, but I think we're fine there this year with some food and different options. I'd expect future recruiting to address our impact in the forwards and maybe refresh the halves. In recent years I think I'm seeing a more structured approach to our recruitment focusing on positions where we are weak. ILs strategy of signing the best value players regardless of position just isn't viable for us right now and I think thats no longer what we're doing. I hope the coaching staff have a strategy for what we need next season,or even late this year for a playoff tilt, but I want to support the team we do have rather than laying into them every week.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:02 am Nobody wants Wigan to win more than I do, full stop.
So you’re the only fan that wants Wigan Warriors to win? 🤔🤔 We better get the club to sign you up as coach then!
Mike wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:51 am You want half the team gone don't you? When I suggest how we could improve you say it's not possible, no overseas players available, hard to move players on. Then you criticize the club for not doing more than what you just said was unrealistic. How can they ever meet your expectations?

I personally think we're in a building process that probably reaches it's peak this season. If we can hang on to french and field we've got an outside chance of another couple of years to improve. Year on year I see improvement in the squad. It's not perfect, but it's unrealistic to fix all the areas that need improvement in one season. We've addressed the centre situation, perhaps at a cost to the second row which we were very strong in. Some opinions suggest the second row is much weaker now, but I think we're fine there this year with some food and different options. I'd expect future recruiting to address our impact in the forwards and maybe refresh the halves. In recent years I think I'm seeing a more structured approach to our recruitment focusing on positions where we are weak. ILs strategy of signing the best value players regardless of position just isn't viable for us right now and I think thats no longer what we're doing. I hope the coaching staff have a strategy for what we need next season,or even late this year for a playoff tilt, but I want to support the team we do have rather than laying into them every week.
Good post MIKE
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan