Wigan Warriors reportedly contacted about immediate release of Super League star

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors reportedly contacted about immediate release of Super League star

Post by josie andrews »

WIGAN WARRIORS have been reportedly contacted about releasing their star Super League forward early.

Unless you have been living under a rock for the past few months, Wigan’s London-born forward Kai Pearce-Paul will link up with the Newcastle Knights for the 2024 season and beyond.

However, with the Knights suffering heavily on the injury front, Australian newspaper the Daily Telegraph has reportedly contacted the Lancashire club for an early release of Pearce-Paul.

Newcastle have already lost their co-captains Jayden Brailey and Kalyn Ponga to concussion last week, with the latter set for months on the sidelines, adding to their woe of losing Adam Elliott, Kurt Mann, Jack Johns, Tyson Frizell and Jacob Saifiti.

Warriors executive director Kris Radlinski, upon the news of Pearce-Paul leaving in 2024, said:“We are all disappointed to lose Kai.

“Having paid a transfer fee to London Broncos three years ago, our coaches have developed a very raw talent into an international rugby league player.

“We presented Kai with a very attractive and long-term contract. Ultimately, Kai’s desire to go to the NRL was the determining factor.

“Kai is committed to Wigan for the 2023 season before leaving for Australia at the end of the year. He is an impressive young man who has been a pleasure to work with over the past few years.

“We expect a big year from Kai and then we will wish him well on his new adventure.”

https://www.totalrl.com/wigan-warriors- ... ague-star/
josie andrews

Re: Wigan Warriors reportedly contacted about immediate release of Super League star

Post by josie andrews »

Get a fee & let him go early!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Suzieb

Re: Wigan Warriors reportedly contacted about immediate release of Super League star

Post by Suzieb »

Let him go and go for Kroose Leeming
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

If its true let him go I've said many times I see no point in this keeping of players,God forbid what happens if he picked up a bug injury and their move fell through,in this case he wants to go so wish him well and let him leave.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

I would let him go now if there is money to be made .

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
craigo

Post by craigo »

He is going anyway. Early for a fee.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Bin him off and grab the cash
doc

Post by doc »

Let him go for a fee. Isa is ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment and with KPP leaving anyway at the end of the season Nsemba is the future.

Also, we could recall Shorrocks if needed.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

Seems pretty unanimous to let him go, still think it’s all hype and potential with KPP at the moment and he’s going to early , hope we are not waiting at the airport for him if it all goes wrong we’ve got to draw a line somewhere
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Defo release him and bring in 3 players( surely we have room then?)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE