Wigan Squad for Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Shaun Wane Legend

Re: Wigan Squad for Salford

Post by Shaun Wane Legend »

No coincidence, Powell comes back on and Wigan score 2 tries. All hail Sam Powell!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:38 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:36 pm
Barney841 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:29 pm French might be one of the best finishers in the game but he’s very dubious under the high ball
Hes never been good under the high ball barney….. thats why i couldn’t understand why we were fretting when he was rumoured to be going the NRL….. great attacker though….., my main worry is what do lockers and tommy add to this team? Briers yes but, as meds would say, in this instance its defo jftb
Think we kept him for his immense finishing, not for anything else.
We’re missing Briers I think, Brisbane look a different team with him there
Lockers is the defence coach, Tommy has taken over as attack coach.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:20 am
Barney841 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:38 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:36 pm
Hes never been good under the high ball barney….. thats why i couldn’t understand why we were fretting when he was rumoured to be going the NRL….. great attacker though….., my main worry is what do lockers and tommy add to this team? Briers yes but, as meds would say, in this instance its defo jftb
Think we kept him for his immense finishing, not for anything else.
We’re missing Briers I think, Brisbane look a different team with him there
Lockers is the defence coach, Tommy has taken over as attack coach.
I feel it’s showing TL being attack coach,like it or not Briers brought new ideas to the table now he’s gone Wigan have reverted to type,maybe wrong though
moto748

Post by moto748 »

It's a good job we have the back three we do, because without them, we look pretty ordinary.
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

I think we're missing a creative 13 far more than has been mentioned. Without that extra player to straighten the defence up it makes us far to easy for the defence to slice across and defend the edges.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

We have three similar players in Smith Cust and Powell. We are definitely in need of not just one of them taking on the line but also causing panic if they do. Cust from the little glimpses at 9 looks far more comfortable there and offers something we don't have, again he may also be better if he had a running partner playing at half with him. We are winning ugly with plenty improvement in us. Bevan King Jai Havard Smithies all worked hard. Ellis is solid but I feel he could take it up a level his little cameo taking the ball and passing shows he has more in the locker. Smiths still developing but needs a running half and let him play both sides. I still think Bevan 1 Jai 6 Smith 7 Cust 9 Ellis 13 causes teams problems how you deal with Jai and Bev running at you all game I'm not sure.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
WIGIAN

Post by WIGIAN »

Amen to that but its about Powell not the triers . Morgan needs plenty of work hatd as nails but no better that Ollie for me . Loose should be mobile and have a running and ball handling threat. I guess with Hanley , Clark Faŕrell and SOL we've been a little spoiled sadly
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Our forwards are simply not good enough. Singo is shot, Cooper is a shadow of his former self. Ellis, KPP and Powell are simply not producing the goods. Mago is better in the stands.

Salford were better all over the park, a bit of brilliance and superior fitness got us home.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

WIGIAN wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:14 am Amen to that but its about Powell not the triers . Morgan needs plenty of work hatd as nails but no better that Ollie for me . Loose should be mobile and have a running and ball handling threat. I guess with Hanley , Clark Faŕrell and SOL we've been a little spoiled sadly
Although I like Smithies at 13, I feel Shorrocks could be better. He was doing a lot of training with Lockers last year as LF & was coming on great with his game & passing the ball better than Morgan does.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'd like to see Joe given another shot at 13 too. But at best, that'd be no magic pill. We need a lot more cohesion in attack.