Sky Coverage

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Sky Coverage

Post by Mike »

widdenoldboy wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:39 am Wilkin came to notice for his enthusiatic pre-game, half time and post game analysis. He should go back to that as he is too chatty during the game.
I don't think he was on during the game. Although he did say we won because we slow the game down immediately he got some mic time. Was very funny. :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

endoman wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:34 pm
Lazy J wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:19 pm Only Jon Wilkin could watch that match and draw the conclusion Warrington could claim the ref cost them, even if the try in the last minute had stood they wouldn’t have won
I thought it was a try, but they still wouldn't have won. No one mentioned that. They also failed to mention us playing with 16 for 75 minutes,
That was outrageous, it was definitely a try. The VRs are freaking me out with their decision making at the moment. They see one angle on a no try and say "I've seen all available angles" and I'm like "holy shit hes going to say no try" and then it goes up as a try! And on the one he saw an angle that you couldn't possibly say the ball was definitely dropped and suddenly it's no try. Theyve definitely got the hurry up and you've no idea what the screen will say even after the replays these days.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Mike wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:24 am
endoman wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:34 pm
Lazy J wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:19 pm Only Jon Wilkin could watch that match and draw the conclusion Warrington could claim the ref cost them, even if the try in the last minute had stood they wouldn’t have won
I thought it was a try, but they still wouldn't have won. No one mentioned that. They also failed to mention us playing with 16 for 75 minutes,
That was outrageous, it was definitely a try. The VRs are freaking me out with their decision making at the moment. They see one angle on a no try and say "I've seen all available angles" and I'm like "holy shit hes going to say no try" and then it goes up as a try! And on the one he saw an angle that you couldn't possibly say the ball was definitely dropped and suddenly it's no try. Theyve definitely got the hurry up and you've no idea what the screen will say even after the replays these days.
It's a good example of perspicaciousness. Brennox? Take note :lol: :lol: ie PERSPECTIVE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Lumbernator wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:02 am Letts be honest here if the fellas on TV don't sell it where's it gonna go, people speak of TV coverage and building the game up but when they do it gets slated. It's a northern sport which I have no problem with, might be struggling or is struggling but let's do all we can to give these lads a good wage. They surely deserve it for sticking there bodies on the line. I would love to see these lads get a decent wage and not have to leave for a plumbers apprentice job but that the nick it's in as a sport.
Do they need to sell it to people already watching?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I don't watch much soccer, but imo all TV companies want sports pundits to be controversial. The fact that you're all discussing Wilkin would reassure Sky that he's doing his job.

For me, Phil Clarke is boring. Tez is ok-ish, but may be wearing a bit thin, Barrie Mac can be entertaining and is improving. JJB is different, more about the philosophy or motivational aspects of the game - but then again I understand his accent! Jon Wells is my favourite - he's enthusiastic, unbiased, and gets the inside information from key players that helps me see their perspective and approach to the game.

Everyone to their own, I guess.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Brennox7 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:46 am What makes me laugh is the vocabulary from the Sky team. There is no way Terry, Barry and Brian know and understand some of the words that come out their laughing gear.

Now I know there are some really intelligent rugby league fans but I grew up in Scholes to a working class family and won’t be understanding these pundits when they use words such as “Perspicacious” instead of simply saying “an understanding”
Your from Skows then thine a reet true Wigginer,tha nose kick one and they all limp! I was told a Wigan lad and a Saints fan were arguing. About wether they could see Saturn or if it was Jupiter in the evening light as they came out of the Wigan Arms in Hardibutts It got heated so one of them said let's ask him over yon. When asked if it was Saturn or Jupiter the wiley Wiganer, always the diplomat replied don't ask me I don't live round here.!!
PJC

Post by PJC »

I ve often thought when watching rugby or football I d like an option that says crowd noise only.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

archiekeith wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:16 am
Brennox7 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:46 am What makes me laugh is the vocabulary from the Sky team. There is no way Terry, Barry and Brian know and understand some of the words that come out their laughing gear.

Now I know there are some really intelligent rugby league fans but I grew up in Scholes to a working class family and won’t be understanding these pundits when they use words such as “Perspicacious” instead of simply saying “an understanding”
Your from Skows then thine a reet true Wigginer,tha nose kick one and they all limp! I was told a Wigan lad and a Saints fan were arguing. About wether they could see Saturn or if it was Jupiter in the evening light as they came out of the Wigan Arms in Hardibutts It got heated so one of them said let's ask him over yon. When asked if it was Saturn or Jupiter the wiley Wiganer, always the diplomat replied don't ask me I don't live round here.!!

OMG, I'm literally crying laughing at this!!! I've been living away from Wigan for 41 years and youv'e made me homesick :lol: :lol: :lol:
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Widen you show you can trek the lad outer Wiggin but not the Wiggin outer the lad
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

archiekeith wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:16 am

😂😂 Brilliant stuff pal