Wigan announce amazing ticket sales for Easter derby

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Wigan announce amazing ticket sales for Easter derby

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Let’s hope for a game that the attendance deserves.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:12 pm Let’s hope for a game that the attendance deserves.
👍🏼👍🏼
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors & St Helens heading for the largest crowd for a Super League Derby in six years

IT’S fair to say there is excitement surrounding next week’s derby game between Wigan Warriors and St Helens.

With tickets selling like hot cakes for the clash between the Super League and Challenge Cup reigning champions, over 20,000 tickets have been snapped up in advance.

The fixture will take place on Good Friday with a 3pm kick-off as both sides aim for more consistency in the league in 2023.

19,210 fans flocked to the DW Stadium for the clash between the two heavyweights last season, whilst just over 17,000 made it into the Totally Wicked Stadium.

That does mean that this year’s attendance in the Easter fixture will surpass both of those with enthusiasm high amongst both sets of supporters.

Back in 2017, Wigan and Saints supporters produced a crowd of 23,390 at the DW Stadium, but that figure could well be overhauled.

https://www.totalrl.com/wigan-warriors- ... six-years/
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

What is the sellable seating capacity of the DW?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Raging Penguin wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:42 pm What is the sellable seating capacity of the DW?
25138. Or 25133 depending which team your support!
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:23 pm
Raging Penguin wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:42 pm What is the sellable seating capacity of the DW?
i think our record at the stadium was 25,004 v Saints

Friday would be lower than that, if its a sell out as the South Stand isnt allocated seating, reducing the stand capacity. North stand has been made allocated and been quite a bit of griping from some sections of Saints fans.

Either way, its going to be the biggest attendance at the stadium this year by some way i would have thought :)
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

the pieman wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:56 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:23 pm
i think our record at the stadium was 25,004 v Saints

Friday would be lower than that, if its a sell out as the South Stand isnt allocated seating, reducing the stand capacity. North stand has been made allocated and been quite a bit of griping from some sections of Saints fans.

Either way, its going to be the biggest attendance at the stadium this year by some way i would have thought :)
Yes it was they reduced the seating capacity for some reason or another, safety reasons I think 🤔
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:27 am Fan Zone is great but is becoming a victim of its own success. Was a bit overcrowded at the Salford game for my tase but should get better come the better weather and they can open it up a bit .

Can't understand why they have taken the Saints Game sales offline if it isn't sold out.

EW
its great that its doing well though and hopefully we will expand it soon which would be even better
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ToffeeWarrior1878

Post by ToffeeWarrior1878 »

Hi,

Does anyone know of any spare adult ticket available that I could please buy from them? Just tried to buy one after work but must have just missed out before they sold out!

Thank you!