Tonight's Game - Team for Thursday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Welski

Re: Tonight's Game - Team for Thursday

Post by Welski »

He is clearly a quality player hopefully some time out will allow him to get fit and perform consistently when he returns. As some have said he doesn’t look right at the moment physically
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Re tonight's team selection. Here's what I posted on "Joe Shorrocks...." thread:

Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:48 am

My view re Pearce-Paul, fwiw.

I don't see him lacking commitment - he'll want to improve before he goes to Aus. But at his stage of development, he needs to be playing with older heads and a settled set-up around him.

Instead of that he finds himself alongside King, who's just settling in himself, Cust, French and Field - the right edge that has been exposed in defence, but also looked a bit clunky on attack.

. . . . . .

That right edge, and KPP in particular, need a strong experienced voice, an old head, to steady them and for them to learn from. The problem is that Isa seems the obvious choice, but he would most likely replace Kai, unless one of them goes to centre?

For our armchair coaches, that would possibly lead to King at 2, French 1 and Field 6, with Cust dropping down the order?
Pardon me quoting myself, but it's nice to be right (for once) 😊
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Smithies just passed the ball.

Hopefully shut a few people up who have been counting lately.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

morley pie eater wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:48 pm Re tonight's team selection. Here's what I posted on "Joe Shorrocks...." thread:

Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:48 am

My view re Pearce-Paul, fwiw.

I don't see him lacking commitment - he'll want to improve before he goes to Aus. But at his stage of development, he needs to be playing with older heads and a settled set-up around him.

Instead of that he finds himself alongside King, who's just settling in himself, Cust, French and Field - the right edge that has been exposed in defence, but also looked a bit clunky on attack.

. . . . . .

That right edge, and KPP in particular, need a strong experienced voice, an old head, to steady them and for them to learn from. The problem is that Isa seems the obvious choice, but he would most likely replace Kai, unless one of them goes to centre?

For our armchair coaches, that would possibly lead to King at 2, French 1 and Field 6, with Cust dropping down the order?
Pardon me quoting myself, but it's nice to be right (for once) 😊
It doesn't happen often ;)
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

FFS Wigan.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Has KPP touched the ball yet ?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Nice one Fieldy
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

How is that a late tackle!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:21 pm Has KPP touched the ball yet ?
He's just made a tackle
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Stood here watching this game so I have not seen the replays but two of the three late tackles were never penalties, Wardle’s I can live with. This is what happens when you have referees who have never played the game.

What is equally worrying is that we have had enough opportunities to put this game to bed. We need to be ruthless in the second forty.