Tonight's Game - Team for Thursday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_ITK

Re: Tonight's Game - Team for Thursday

Post by Wigan_ITK »

Excellent summary.

Is Smith best when he's given more responsibility, I wonder? It could be that with Field at 6, Harry was the organiser, whereas with Cust it's more joint responsibility. I could be wrong, but (as Meds knows), I was right once.
If you listen to Smith after the Salford game when he was on the touch screen he said he prefers to be the main organiser with off the cuff runners like French / Field around him no coincidence he had a blinder with the set up Thursday. Just a shame Field pulled up as looks like it’s back now Powell in the halves which could negates Harry’s responsibility.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Suzieb wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:28 pm Years ago we would of had a number of players in the reserves to step up
Who are you referring to?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Is Suzieb’s husband the most miserable man on the internet?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:24 am Is Suzieb’s husband the most miserable man on the internet?
No I'd say Morrisey is the most miserable man in the Internet but he's been miserable since the 1980s in fairness
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

From suzies husband yes
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

w.thomas wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:41 pm Good win and thought every player went really well. Thought KPP did really well in D but could make his carries a bit more aggressive. King and miski made great meters coming from our own end. Agree Faz made a couple of errors but for his size he always makes meters in contact and he’s tough to put down. French is just a creature of beauty, like a prize winning race horse. I’d offer him a 15yr contract and the keys to haigh hall. Only negative was the field injury and the incoming bans to try and help our half breed neighbours out as much as possible.
A lot of people making meters - must be the energy crisis, or maybe they just needed a part time job?

The game has got harder though. In the old days a forward was doing well if he made 100 yards. Nowadays that would only be just over 91 metres.

Excuse my eccentricity, and/or pedantry.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:39 am
Bobby-WRL wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:24 am Is Suzieb’s husband the most miserable man on the internet?
No I'd say Morrisey is the most miserable man in the Internet but he's been miserable since the 1980s in fairness
I don't believe it! Victor Meldrew surely?
Stanfax

Post by Stanfax »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:39 am
Watch out but the aforementioned pedant Morley will be along soon to point out that there are two s's in Morrissey. Unless it's after his time of course.