Potential swap

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
craigo

Re: Potential swap

Post by craigo »

NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:51 pm If it is Mago, hopefully they can work something out with him asap and leave themselves in a position to move if an overseas forward becomes available. I’d give Harvie Hill a shot next before bringing Mago back in.
After Hill gets a few more lower division games, Maybe.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:13 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:29 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:44 am We can’t keep waiting for Mago to pull his finger out. He could be a devastating prop forward but he looks half asleep most of the time. He is off contract at the end of this season and in reality might be scrapping for a first team career in the game but you wouldn’t think so watching him. If we don’t renew and nobody else picks him up in the UK, I doubt an NRL club will give him more than reserve grade money.

I’m not sure on Tanginoa. He was excellent in his first season but pretty quiet since. We need a back rower more than we need Mago however, so he could be worth a punt.
He wants to go home anyway.
Chariots , do you mean tanginoa or mago wants to go home?
Sorry Firestarter I didn't make that clear, I meant Mago.
Charriots Offiah

craigo wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:33 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:51 pm If it is Mago, hopefully they can work something out with him asap and leave themselves in a position to move if an overseas forward becomes available. I’d give Harvie Hill a shot next before bringing Mago back in.
The lad needs to get a gig, probably against Wakefield in three weeks. He deserves a shot given the form of some of our more mature props.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

craigo wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:33 pm
He’s with Toulouse for a couple of weeks yet I think and then we’ll see. That Wakefield game as mentioned above, seems an opportunity to give one or two a go.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:44 am We can’t keep waiting for Mago to pull his finger out. He could be a devastating prop forward but he looks half asleep most of the time. He is off contract at the end of this season and in reality might be scrapping for a first team career in the game but you wouldn’t think so watching him. If we don’t renew and nobody else picks him up in the UK, I doubt an NRL club will give him more than reserve grade money.

I’m not sure on Tanginoa. He was excellent in his first season but pretty quiet since. We need a back rower more than we need Mago however, so he could be worth a punt.
Paddy signed for 3 years. It was Ellis who signed for 2
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:42 pm

Both signed on 2 year deals, with 1 year options (in the clubs favour) according to the press I’ve read. Just had a Google and the club site announcement from the time he signed and 2+1 as well. I’ll try and put the link below but a pre warning that I’m useless :lol:

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/07/ ... rick-mago/
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:51 pm

Both signed on 2 year deals, with 1 year options (in the clubs favour) according to the press I’ve read. Just had a Google and the club site announcement from the time he signed and 2+1 as well. I’ll try and put the link below but a pre warning that I’m useless :lol:

Your right Nicky, & you’ve put the link just great. You don’t need to put the url thingys on this site now just the link 😊 Well done 👏🏼👏🏼
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:55 pm

Your right Nicky, & you’ve put the link just great. You don’t need to put the url thingys on this site now just the link 😊 Well done 👏🏼👏🏼
I’m a wiz now..ha.

In terms of Mago and Ellis (throw Miski, Cust and Isa in as well I guess), it’s a positive that we are in the position to see where we want to go as the season wears on. I can’t see Mago extending his Wigan career now but there are chances for all the others you’d imagine.
Charriots Offiah

I don’t think he did. It was two years with an option, in favour of the Club, for a third year. Mago won’t be at Wigan next season.
Charriots Offiah

NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:09 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:55 pm

I’m a wiz now..ha.

In terms of Mago and Ellis (throw Miski, Cust and Isa in as well I guess), it’s a positive that we are in the position to see where we want to go as the season wears on. I can’t see Mago extending his Wigan career now but there are chances for all the others you’d imagine.
I think Cust will be joining Mago on the plane, and I don’t expect Singo to be at Wigan next season.