Potential swap

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
NICKYKISS

Re: Potential swap

Post by NICKYKISS »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:47 am
NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:09 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:55 pm

Your right Nicky, & you’ve put the link just great. You don’t need to put the url thingys on this site now just the link 😊 Well done 👏🏼👏🏼
I’m a wiz now..ha.

In terms of Mago and Ellis (throw Miski, Cust and Isa in as well I guess), it’s a positive that we are in the position to see where we want to go as the season wears on. I can’t see Mago extending his Wigan career now but there are chances for all the others you’d imagine.
I think Cust will be joining Mago on the plane, and I don’t expect Singo to be at Wigan next season.
We hit on the right 4 prop rotation the other night IMO and Mago is becoming surplus to requirements. Singleton is also on the edge and if you can find an English replacement, you take it (Couple of big, mobile, younger props off contract in Owen Trout and Sam Walters). I’d reserve judgment on Cust. If French and Field rip it up at 1 and 6, you then probably want some back up but would Cust be prepared to play that role? A guy who can play 6 or 9, backing up Field and Smith would actually be pretty ideal. A cheap-ish option could be Lino if Cust went back. There could be quite a bit of reshaping at this end of this season looking at it.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

NICKYKISS wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:31 am
NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:09 pm

I’m a wiz now..ha.

In terms of Mago and Ellis (throw Miski, Cust and Isa in as well I guess), it’s a positive that we are in the position to see where we want to go as the season wears on. I can’t see Mago extending his Wigan career now but there are chances for all the others you’d imagine.
I think Cust will be joining Mago on the plane, and I don’t expect Singo to be at Wigan next season.
We hit on the right 4 prop rotation the other night IMO and Mago is becoming surplus to requirements. Singleton is also on the edge and if you can find an English replacement, you take it (Couple of big, mobile, younger props off contract in Owen Trout and Sam Walters). I’d reserve judgment on Cust. If French and Field rip it up at 1 and 6, you then probably want some back up but would Cust be prepared to play that role? A guy who can play 6 or 9, backing up Field and Smith would actually be pretty ideal. A cheap-ish option could be Lino if Cust went back. There could be quite a bit of reshaping at this end of this season looking at it.
We can’t have non-federation players as back ups especially players we sign to play in pivotal positions. I don’t think that Mago or Singleton will be at Wigan next year so we need to find two replacements. Trout would be fine and English or Ashworth ,who I believe are also off contract at Huddersfield, could do a decent job but we need to find a pack leader one who sets the tone for the rest of the forwards. Incidentally, I see Rocky as a back-up if he doesn’t actually make the 6 role his own. He could be a very astute signing.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:47 pm

We can’t have non-federation players as back ups especially players we sign to play in pivotal positions. I don’t think that Mago or Singleton will be at Wigan next year so we need to find two replacements. Trout would be fine and English or Ashworth ,who I believe are also off contract at Huddersfield, could do a decent job but we need to find a pack leader one who sets the tone for the rest of the forwards. Incidentally, I see Rocky as a back-up if he doesn’t actually make the 6 role his own. He could be a very astute signing.
Good point about Hampshire, I’ve sort of forgot about him and it will be interesting to see how he goes. Ashworth is off contract and Trout also I believe but I did see that English had signed a new deal a couple of weeks back. Ashworth is an interesting one. He seems to flatter to deceive most of the time but there’s no doubting he can eat up the ground when he’s on. He gave us trouble a few weeks back.

Hard to tell how many overseas players we could be able to bring in. It’ll all depend on who stays, with all of them bar French/Field/Miski being off contract. We could have as many as 4 spots open up but you’d think we’ll take up the year on Ellis, Isa might get another year and I Cust has a bit of time yet to try and convince people he shouid stay.
Charriots Offiah

NICKYKISS wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:44 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:47 pm

Good point about Hampshire, I’ve sort of forgot about him and it will be interesting to see how he goes. Ashworth is off contract and Trout also I believe but I did see that English had signed a new deal a couple of weeks back. Ashworth is an interesting one. He seems to flatter to deceive most of the time but there’s no doubting he can eat up the ground when he’s on. He gave us trouble a few weeks back.

Hard to tell how many overseas players we could be able to bring in. It’ll all depend on who stays, with all of them bar French/Field/Miski being off contract. We could have as many as 4 spots open up but you’d think we’ll take up the year on Ellis, Isa might get another year and I Cust has a bit of time yet to try and convince people he shouid stay.
I think Ellis will get another year. Isa may get another season, I think it depends on who we can recruit. I wasn’t aware about English resigning with the Giants but I would be happy with either of the other two as a replacement for Singleton. I am hoping that Cooper hits the form of last year and doesn’t continue to struggle, that could be a big headache. Mago being replaced by an NRL player, hopefully JWH would be ideal. I am convinced we will bring in two props and a second row forward. I think the jury is out on Cust, he is a fine man and a good player but I just don’t see him as a 6. Interesting times ahead.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

I like the look of Dupree but not sure if he’s federation and what his contract is
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

What's Field and French's contract situation? I was under the impression that this season could be the last either is here.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Mike wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:31 pm What's Field and French's contract situation? I was under the impression that this season could be the last either is here.
https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... ull%20FC..

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/ja ... %20season.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Mike wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:31 pm What's Field and French's contract situation? I was under the impression that this season could be the last either is here.

Both signed for this season and next IIRC and I know there were options for 2 more years for French.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Big stick wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:16 pm I like the look of Dupree but not sure if he’s federation and what his contract is
He’s English mate. Was in Leeds academy, got released and worked his way back up via the Championship.

He’s signed a new deal though for the next 3 seasons.
Charriots Offiah

Big stick wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:16 pm I like the look of Dupree but not sure if he’s federation and what his contract is
Salford signed him from Widnes. He was a junior at Leeds.