Jai

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Welski

Jai

Post by Welski »

How bad?
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Welski

Re: Jai

Post by Welski »

It didn’t look good
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Matt peet just said deffo out for saints Helens - needs a scan
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:03 pm Matt peet just said deffo out for saints Helens - needs a scan
Yea saw that not sure unless Cust is back where the next half is coming from
Wigan_forever1985

So my view

Powell into the half’s play O’Neill at 9 and shorrocks at 13

It’s not ideal by far but I think assuming Cust isn’t ready it’s the least impactful move
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:09 pm So my view

It’s not ideal by far but I think assuming Cust isn’t ready it’s the least impactful move
Think that’s the only way forward to be honest
pedro

Post by pedro »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:15 pm

I feel sick at the thought
Wigan_forever1985

I think against saints and wire it’s the only choice

If we were playing lower level clubs I’d throw the young half Astley in but both those teams are too smart and they would target him

Powell at least won’t let you down in terms of defence - it blunts our attack but with O’Neill at 9 and shorrocks providing some more skill at 13 it mitigates that a little
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:34 pm

I think against saints and wire it’s the only choice

If we were playing lower level clubs I’d throw the young half Astley in but both those teams are too smart and they would target him

Powell at least won’t let you down in terms of defence - it blunts our attack but with O’Neill at 9 and shorrocks providing some more skill at 13 it mitigates that a little
It’s not going to be a game like tonight against saints their style of play probably suits the smith/Powell combo for sure Warrington perhaps less so but I agree it needs to be the way forward,not time for Astley just yet.

Thought Shorrocks looked good tonight but then again they all did
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Matt Peet all but rules out Wigan Warriors star Jai Field for Good Friday derby

Field pulled up during Wigan Warriors' heavy defeat over Leigh Leopards

They may have won the Battle of the Borough, but that victory seems to have come at a cost for Wigan Warriors. Star player Jai Field picked up a hamstring injury on Thursday evening and is all but ruled out of next Friday's derby with St Helens.

Field pulled up in the 68th minute, chasing down former Warrior Josh Charnley. Before that, he'd scored a sensational try during Wigan's emphatic 34-6 derby win over Leigh Leopards.

However, it's now looking ominous that the Australian star will miss the Good Friday clash with Saints at the DW Stadium. As coach Peet provided a brief injury update as the Leigh Sports Village when speaking to Sky Sports' Jenna Brooks.

"I'm 99% sure he won't play," said Peet. "I wouldn't think so. We wouldn't risk him, but he will need a scan. We hope for the best for Jai, but we have options, and these squads are put together for the full season.

"I look forward to trying to work it out and get the best performance we can. Not just against St Helens. We've got some big games ahead, and we are going to enjoy it."

Wigan are already without halfback Cade Cust, who has a shoulder injury. Plus Jake Wardle is also a doubt for the derby. The 24-year-old outside-back was sent to the sin-bin in the opening five minutes of the Leigh victory, for a late shot on Gareth O'Brien. A hit that would subsequently rule O'Brien out of the contest after he failed his HIA.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... dium=email
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan