Wigan squad for Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan squad for Warrington

Post by josie andrews »

21-man squad announced for Friday’s Round 9 Clash with Warrington Wolves, in association with Greenmount Projects.

Two changes to the squad due to injury and suspension.

Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors, Friday 14th April, 8pm K.O.

Matt Peet has named his 21-man squad for Friday’s Betfred Super League Round 9 clash with Warrington Wolves at the Halliwell Jones Stadium.

The Wigan Head Coach has made two changes to the squad. Mike Cooper will miss the remainder of the season, whilst Morgan Smithies is unavailable due to a one-match suspension, in their places come Harvie Hill who has been recalled from a short loan with Toulouse Olympique and Willie Isa who is back available after his one-match suspension.

W 21-man squad announced for Friday’s Round 9 Clash with Warrington Wolves, in association with Greenmount Projects.
Two changes to the squad due to injury and suspension.
Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors, Friday 14th April, 8pm K.O.
Matt Peet has named his 21-man squad for Friday’s Betfred Super League Round 9 clash with Warrington Wolves at the Halliwell Jones Stadium.

The Wigan Head Coach has made two changes to the squad. Mike Cooper will miss the remainder of the season, whilst Morgan Smithies is unavailable due to a one-match suspension, in their places come Harvie Hill who has been recalled from a short loan with Toulouse Olympique and Willie Isa who is back available after his one-match suspension.

Wigan squad for Warrington:

2 Bevan French
3 Toby King
4 Jake Wardle
5 Liam Marshall
7 Harry Smith
8 Brad Singleton
9 Sam Powell
10 Liam Byrne
11 Willie Isa
12 Liam Farrell
15 Kaide Ellis
16 Ethan Havard
17Kai Pearce Paul
19 Joe Shorrocks
20 Patrick Mago
21 Iain Thornley
22 Brad O’Neill
23 Abbas Miski
26 Harvie Hill
27Junior Nsemba
29 Tom Forber

Tickets remain on sale for Friday’s game against Warrington! Get yours online HERE and get behind the boys at the Halliwell Jones Stadium.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/04/ ... rington-4/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Suzieb

Re: Wigan squad for Warrington

Post by Suzieb »

Do we trust Mago to have a go,if not get shut
Hattster

Post by Hattster »

I don't think we will be left with any other option but to play him. However, if he can't perform in this game then it's definitely time to get shut and cut our losses.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

i think it would be unfair to expect even a seasoned pro to come in after only playing in half of the games so far this season and rip it up straight away against the form team of the league

i think he should be given a run of 2-3 games and then judged - he's got the opportunity now with cooper out to make it stick if he cant then i agree he should go
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:02 pm i think it would be unfair to expect even a seasoned pro to come in after only playing in half of the games so far this season and rip it up straight away against the form team of the league

i think he should be given a run of 2-3 games and then judged - he's got the opportunity now with cooper out to make it stick if he cant then i agree he should go
I think this is definitely the way
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Isa in for Smithies, Mago for Cooper, Singleton to start.

French
Miski, King, Wardle, Marshall
Shorrocks, Smith

Singleton, Powell, Byrne
Farrell, KPP
Isa

Mago, Havard, O'Neill, Ellis (outside bet for Thornley)

Reserves play Wire this weekend also.

Got to get some effort out of Mago over the next 3 games.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

I'd go for Ellis and Byrne starting
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Are we allowed to talk about team selection for this game now or is this thread about to be locked?
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Why is a forum ,not for discussing relevant topics
pedro

Post by pedro »

think we lose but out of the 2 its the one I would want to, also nothing is won in April