Junior Nsemba

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brennox7

Junior Nsemba

Post by Brennox7 »

Quoted saying “Kai is off to Australia next season and hopefully that will be me one day”.

Fair play for having ambition but why do our young lads have eyes on the NRL before they’ve played a season of won a trophy?

Super League really need to start making our league more attractive!

I suppose Wigan need to find a way to keep these kids and want them to be successful at our proud club
Caboosegg

Re: Junior Nsemba

Post by Caboosegg »

Brennox7 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:24 pm Quoted saying “Kai is off to Australia next season and hopefully that will be me one day”.

Fair play for having ambition but why do our young lads have eyes on the NRL before they’ve played a season of won a trophy?

I suppose Wigan need to find a way to keep these kids and want them to be successful at our proud club
I mean the North West of England vs a beach a Australia
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Completely understand but it wouldn’t be my thought process after 2 SL games. He’s basically telling Wigan to give him enough experience and game time to attract an NRL club and it’s the big “see ya later”
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

That comment has done it for me, was looking forward to seeing the lad play and seeing what he could bring to the club but it's obvious from comment that he just wants to use the club as a spring board to the good life, can go now for me like :evil:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Brennox7 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:24 pm Quoted saying “Kai is off to Australia next season and hopefully that will be me one day”.

Unless we can get more money into the game then it is inevitable that players will leave for greater riches.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:21 pm

Unless we can get more money into the game then it is inevitable that players will leave for greater riches.
Exactly this! The clubs, us included, who don’t want a rise in the salary cap really do need to get a grip. We will lose more & more good young players to the NRL 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:54 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:21 pm

Exactly this! The clubs, us included, who don’t want a rise in the salary cap really do need to get a grip. We will lose more & more good young players to the NRL 🤨

In my opinion, increasing the salary cap may not be the best solution to retaining rugby league players. The decision to count all income from TV appearances and advertisements towards the cap was a significant mistake by the RFL.

The first step towards addressing this issue could involve increasing the visibility and popularity of the sport, while also removing restrictions that prevent players from earning additional income through free advertising. This would provide players with greater opportunities to pursue other careers after their playing days are over.

It's worth considering whether someone like Freddy Flintoff would have been able to transition to a successful TV career if similar restrictions were in place in cricket.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Just watched the Wigan TV interview with Junior & there is nothing in there that mentions him wanting to follow KPP to the NRL. Unless it’s been cut 🤔🤔
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:55 pm
In my opinion, increasing the salary cap may not be the best solution to retaining rugby league players. The decision to count all income from TV appearances and advertisements towards the cap was a significant mistake by the RFL.

The first step towards addressing this issue could involve increasing the visibility and popularity of the sport, while also removing restrictions that prevent players from earning additional income through free advertising. This would provide players with greater opportunities to pursue other careers after their playing days are over.

It's worth considering whether someone like Freddy Flintoff would have been able to transition to a successful TV career if similar restrictions were in place in cricket.
You’re right. We used to see players like Sculthorpe etc advertising Gillette razors, it was as you say another great mistake from the RFL 🤨
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

There is also the lifestyle appeal that you likely won't remove even if financial aspects are equal. Some people just want to experience different lifestyles and if their job gives them the opportunity to do that, then they are likely to take it when they can (as long as there are no major obstacles that introduces). Its not for everyone, but some players will inevitably want to make a move for a few years.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆