Peet

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Bobby-WRL

Peet

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Nobody knows what the future holds but it’s crossed my mind we might have someone who could coach us for years & years . Not sure what our longest coaching appointment has been since I’ve been a fan (Wane or Monie?) what does everyone else think?
NICKYKISS

Re: Peet

Post by NICKYKISS »

As you say, you never know what can happen but it’s been a really positive start. I’ve thought about how long he could do myself and there is a chance he does one hell of a long stint because where does he go from here? He isn’t going to choose to go to another Superleague club and I think he’s been there and done that with Union and won’t go back. He may fancy a crack at the NRL but they won’t touch him, as they wouldn’t even give Waney a sniff and he’d had a top level playing career and won all sorts as a coach, so had a far bigger profile.

We don’t want to jinx him but they’ll always be loyal to him and give him time if things get rocky, so he could do 10+ years. Only a change of ownership/leadership could threaten his position in the next few years IMO.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:34 am Nobody knows what the future holds but it’s crossed my mind we might have someone who could coach us for years & years . Not sure what our longest coaching appointment has been since I’ve been a fan (Wane or Monie?) what does everyone else think?
Wane I think had a longer time as coach 2011 - 2018
He’s the 5th longest serving coach at Wigan RL

https://shaunwane.com/leadership-career/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I honestly thought we would struggle without briers.Granted, the season is young, but we are definitely going in the right direction.I just hope an injury ravaged season doesnt spoil it.I fear an injury to french or smith could be too much at this point
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:16 am
Bobby-WRL wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:34 am Nobody knows what the future holds but it’s crossed my mind we might have someone who could coach us for years & years . Not sure what our longest coaching appointment has been since I’ve been a fan (Wane or Monie?) what does everyone else think?

Doesn’t half read well that CV
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Surely though as said multiple times on this site no coach should do more than 3 years.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:05 am Surely though as said multiple times on this site no coach should do more than 3 years.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

His successor is already being lined up.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:51 am
josie andrews wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:16 am

Doesn’t half read well that CV
Instilled discipline off the pitch :shock:
Think it should have said tried to
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Off at a bit of a tangent, but who do folk think was our best coach? I'd go for Graham Lowe, because he took us to a new level. Monie was brilliant but had advantages in terms of the squad(s) he had, and didn't do that well 2nd time round.

I'd also say Graeme West was underrated. McGuire in the mix too. I'd say the game was too different to consider Eric Ashton and earlier eras.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐