Latics

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
southportcdm

Latics

Post by southportcdm »

Now that they've gone back to league 1, I can't decide if that's good, bad or of little consequence to us. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated but please remember that the people who are fans of both teams will be suffering.
ian.birchall

Re: Latics

Post by ian.birchall »

Hopefully it is the beginning of a journey back to Springfield Park.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

southportcdm wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:53 pm Now that they've gone back to league 1, I can't decide if that's good, bad or of little consequence to us. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated but please remember that the people who are fans of both teams will be suffering.
I'm not a soccer fan at all However I find your enquiry interesting. I can't help with whether it's good,bad or indifferent in relation to Wigan RLFC but like yourself I'd be interested in what others have to say🍷Cheers
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I see it as a sad day for sport in wigan. Being a born and bred wigganer I want everything to do with my home town to do well. Not many towns can brag of having challenge cup and fa cup winners. I do go watch latics occasionally . And feel for the true latics fans.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:56 pm I see it as a sad day for sport in wigan. Being a born and bred wigganer I want everything to do with my home town to do well. Not many towns can brag of having challenge cup and fa cup winners. I do go watch latics occasionally . And feel for the true latics fans.
Good on yer :)
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

At one time I'd have celebrated Latics going down, but now it doesn't mean much to me.

The only measure I'd have for deciding one way or the other is "What is our chance of getting our own ground?" and does this affect it in any way.

In general terms, my interest in soccer has never been strong. It peaked around the time of Colin Bell and Mike Summerbee at City and Best, Charlton and Law at United, even then a very distant second to rugby.
Nowadays, until refs start to penalise players for diving and rolling round on the floor, I won't even watch it for 2 minutes. The obscene money they earn, even at Latics' level, is also a turn off.

The one person I can think of who I have any respect for is Marcus Rashford for his humility and caring about kids from a background like his in "Wivvenshaw".
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
jobo

Post by jobo »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:56 pm I see it as a sad day for sport in wigan. Being a born and bred wigganer I want everything to do with my home town to do well. Not many towns can brag of having challenge cup and fa cup winners. I do go watch latics occasionally . And feel for the true latics fans.
👍
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I’m with you mate.
doc

Post by doc »

Feel sorry for the players if they are relegated due to them having 3 points deducted for the owners not paying the wages on time. Talk about a double whammy!
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:12 pm At one time I'd have celebrated Latics going down, but now it doesn't mean much to me.

The only measure I'd have for deciding one way or the other is "What is our chance of getting our own ground?" and does this affect it in any way.

In general terms, my interest in soccer has never been strong. It peaked around the time of Colin Bell and Mike Summerbee at City and Best, Charlton and Law at United, even then a very distant second to rugby.
Nowadays, until refs start to penalise players for diving and rolling round on the floor, I won't even watch it for 2 minutes. The obscene money they earn, even at Latics' level, is also a turn off.

The one person I can think of who I have any respect for is Marcus Rashford for his humility and caring about kids from a background like his in "Wivvenshaw".
Sorry to say as a Manchester United fan and someone who is fairly well connected inside the club, the whole 'humility and caring' thing with Rashford is just fantastic marketing and pr by people behind the scenes