RU Attendances at the France verses England internationals

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Graham1

RU Attendances at the France verses England internationals

Post by Graham1 »

The women’s rugby union international match attendance over 58000 unsure what the attendance was at our double international matches at Warrington but would be embarrassing compared to that.

Just shows how far behind our sport is with regard to media and spectator interest. Will we ever match attendances like that for our internationals and how do we do it.?
morley pie eater

Re: RU Attendances at the France verses England internationals

Post by morley pie eater »

Graham1 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:11 am The women’s rugby union international match attendance over 58000 unsure what the attendance was at our double international matches at Warrington but would be embarrassing compared to that.

Just shows how far behind our sport is with regard to media and spectator interest. Will we ever match attendances like that for our internationals and how do we do it.?
Somewhere in the 8000s at Wire
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
PJC

Post by PJC »

Public interest comes from media coverage. The BBC and others actively support women’s sport including rugby Union .
RL has never had a fraction of such coverage. In my opinion the BBC and others will never give it.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

PJC wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:31 pm Public interest comes from media coverage. The BBC and others actively support women’s sport including rugby Union .
RL has never had a fraction of such coverage. In my opinion the BBC and others will never give it.
⬆️ Exactly, it’s a working man’s sport & will never compete with the professional people who play RU!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

PJC wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:31 pm Public interest comes from media coverage. The BBC and others actively support women’s sport including rugby Union .
Media coverage also comes from public interest, without bums on seats they can justifiably say our profile should be lower.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
PJC

Post by PJC »

Chicken or the egg ?
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Mike wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:02 pm
Media coverage also comes from public interest, without bums on seats they can justifiably say our profile should be lower.
This is exactly it.

And when the BBC has actually made effort - like with the world cup, the whole spectacle (not the actual games imo) fell rather flat. My lasting memory of the spectacle itself was the absolute shit show from the opening ceremony. Anyone remember that?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:10 am
Mike wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:02 pm
This is exactly it.

And when the BBC has actually made effort - like with the world cup, the whole spectacle (not the actual games imo) fell rather flat. My lasting memory of the spectacle itself was the absolute shit show from the opening ceremony. Anyone remember that?
Yes! Disgraceful! Never seen such an amateurish opening ceremony for a tournament in my life!
Shows total disrespect to our sport & incredible athletes
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

lets call a spade a spade though - our international game is an absolute joke so why would anyone be interested in it?

Im not for sure and im a Rugby League fan

The players change international allegiance more than clubs, there are still only 3 teams in the world Aus/Nz/Eng except now there are 4 or 5 B teams made up of people from these nations who cant get in other the main 3.

The Aussies arent bothered about international and they are the biggest draw

The whole thing is a joke top to bottom
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
PJC

Post by PJC »

Wishing for the past. I used to really enjoy seeing the Australian touring teams. International Tests and club matches. I believe that having the tourists on show for a longer time built up interest in an international.