DW

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: DW

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:10 pm Health and safety?

My arse as the old English saying goes
I did it when we sat further up, when we were younger, when you & @_hengirl use to sit in front of me 😂
No fans complained 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

Maybe we could all email the club regarding aspects such as this, that add to the atmosphere and feel of match day? as since the great escape year it has felt quite hollow, id argue that there is more of an atmosphere within the hospitality lounges than the outside seated area
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Raging Penguin wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:42 pm Maybe we could all email the club regarding aspects such as this, that add to the atmosphere and feel of match day? as since the great escape year it has felt quite hollow, id argue that there is more of an atmosphere within the hospitality lounges than the outside seated area
It’s the stadium management!

When I commented on it quoting Health & safety, they don’t think about it when they have the flame things firing off 🤔
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

Hopefully that changes then, imagine if we all had a confetti cannon each as the players run onto the pitch
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

😂😂😂 they could throw us all out 😂😂😂
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:16 pm

I did it when we sat further up, when we were younger, when you & @_hengirl use to sit in front of me 😂
No fans complained 😊
Josie I used to love it never bothered us at all well apart from one breezy day a peice blew back and went straight into my gov :lol: but to stop you when let's be fair the DW can be devoid of any atmosphere it's fairly petty to me.

Truth is I expect nothing to change the football club will remain in sole charge and we wigan fans will be made to feel 2nd class
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:47 am
josie andrews wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:16 pm

No fans complained 😊
Josie I used to love it never bothered us at all well apart from one breezy day a peice blew back and went straight into my gov :lol: but to stop you when let's be fair the DW can be devoid of any atmosphere it's fairly petty to me.

Truth is I expect nothing to change the football club will remain in sole charge and we wigan fans will be made to feel 2nd class

Don't know why you would think that a Wigan business man having strong bonds with the town already has big stakes in our club. Imo think its best thing to happen to us since we moved into the DW. Future owner for sure look forward to seeing our banners back up pretty soon.
Just ask yourself why was he willing to pump 30 million into Robin park for the rugby.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:47 pm
Raging Penguin wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:45 pm I am trying to understand what there is to complain about regarding confetti, seems strange
I used to cut up red & white or blue & white, depending on the colour of away shirts, crepe paper for every game, home & away & give it out to kids & adults near me. Also I would blow up the long balloons & give those out as well & just let them go flying all over the place. When my hands became so bad I couldn’t use scissors I stopped.

I was asked why by a Warriors management person why I’d stopped doing it. Told them about my hands & said they were sorry about that as it created a bit of fun etc.

I then found a company that made ready made confetti bombs. So I started to buy them. (I’d have to cut the seals where you turned them, cos of my hands being so bad) or ask the guy in front to break the seal by twisting it.

Then at the start of this season, after a few home games, I was told I had to stop as the stadium management said it was a health & safety risk! But it was in fact the cleaners, I was told, who complained it was hard to clean up!

So I’ve stopped again. 😏
Fully agree, bet it’s an absolute nightmare to pick up, especially the ones stuck to the ground when wet.

Would massively increase clean up times.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:21 am
josie andrews wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:47 pm
Raging Penguin wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:45 pm I am trying to understand what there is to complain about regarding confetti, seems strange
I used to cut up red & white or blue & white, depending on the colour of away shirts, crepe paper for every game, home & away & give it out to kids & adults near me. Also I would blow up the long balloons & give those out as well & just let them go flying all over the place. When my hands became so bad I couldn’t use scissors I stopped.

I was asked why by a Warriors management person why I’d stopped doing it. Told them about my hands & said they were sorry about that as it created a bit of fun etc.

I then found a company that made ready made confetti bombs. So I started to buy them. (I’d have to cut the seals where you turned them, cos of my hands being so bad) or ask the guy in front to break the seal by twisting it.

Then at the start of this season, after a few home games, I was told I had to stop as the stadium management said it was a health & safety risk! But it was in fact the cleaners, I was told, who complained it was hard to clean up!

So I’ve stopped again. 😏
Fully agree, bet it’s an absolute nightmare to pick up, especially the ones stuck to the ground when wet.

Would massively increase clean up times.
back in the late 90's I served on the Copeland Borough Council for few years as an urban sanitation operative, I would often sanitise areas outside churches after weddings, I can tell that it is easier to sweep it up wet, the cleaners are just moaning on as it's more for them to clean up, the end
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

Confetti cleaning would not take much more time to clean up and this is from first hand experience