DW

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: DW

Post by fozzieskem »

medlocke wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:39 pm Hopefully the Warriors become main attraction while the Wendyball plays second fiddle for a change, Make the stadium Cherry & White again
I bet it doesn’t
jobo

Post by jobo »

I'm amazed he's bought Latics and the ground outright, rather than buy them both out of receivership.

Must be a genuine good guy with a strong emotional connection to us Warriors and empathetic towards Latics.
ddtftf

Mike Danson buys Latics and the club

Post by ddtftf »

so its been accepted i am told
Caboosegg

Re: Mike Danson buys Latics and the club

Post by Caboosegg »

Interesting, will he keep his interest in the rugby though or just focus on the football team.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

ddtftf wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:36 pm so its been accepted i am told
https://wiganathletic.com/news/2023/jun ... ball-club/
jobo

Post by jobo »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:42 pm Interesting, will he keep his interest in the rugby though or just focus on the football team.
Loves the rugby club don’t worry about that. Think he shares IFL's view about Latics.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I don't feel this is the good news we want it to be.

Danson obviously is a smart business man. Will he want to invest in Wigan RL and Athletics or will he look to sell his stake in RL?

Supporting two loss making operations can't be sustainable can it?

Still feel the dw needs scrapping and rebuilding as a smaller and more up to date stadium.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
PJC

Post by PJC »

Let’s hope that there’s less of it being only Latics Stadium and there’s a lot more Cherry in evidence .
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

jobo wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:51 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:42 pm Interesting, will he keep his interest in the rugby though or just focus on the football team.
Loves the rugby club don’t worry about that. Think he shares IFL's view about Latics.
Does he? Genuine question as he's a very quiet stakeholder.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:53 pm I don't feel this is the good news we want it to be.

Danson obviously is a smart business man. Will he want to invest in Wigan RL and Athletics or will he look to sell his stake in RL?

Supporting two loss making operations can't be sustainable can it?

Still feel the dw needs scrapping and rebuilding as a smaller and more up to date stadium.
i personally think its the opposite

he has his investment in Wigan RL already, and there is a good chance he make take it on when IL decides its time to retire

In terms of the Latics, he could have waited, but there is a chance they could have been dropped right down the football ladder like Bury, and they arent anywhere near as attractive at that point, so may as well secure them in League 1 (for this season at least) and he also ensures we have a ground to play at (could have been all sorts of implications if Latics had gone into receivership / winding up order)