Faz

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
archiekeith

Re: Faz

Post by archiekeith »

Southern Softy wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:25 pm For people who think a captain needs to be loud on the field - there's a difference between activity and action.
Afraid there isn't they are synonymous,both are nouns; any activity being an action. Don't think this far anyone as advocated a captain should be "loud " only , in my case and fozzies we say he was too-quite. Craigo is on the money in his post
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

He’s got enough credit in the bank for as many months of form ‘off his best’ as it takes. He is off his best but only because his best is freakishly good. His stats are still pretty impressive by anyone’s standards but granted, by his own, they’ve dropped a little. I do wonder if the captaincy is weighing heavy but we’ll see as the season plays out.

Longer term, the guy might be 32 but he’s a freak in terms of fitness. I think he’ll play on until he’s 36/37 no problems at all. There always needs to be a succession plan for important players like him but I think we’re good for a while yet.
PJC

Post by PJC »

Some spelling mistakes in there !!
PJC

Post by PJC »

Not the previous post
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

PJC wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:49 pm Not the previous post

I wouldn’t bank on it knowing me :lol:
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

PJC wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:47 pm Some spelling mistakes in there !!
Well spotted The mistakes obviously didn't confuse you :lol:
PJC

Post by PJC »

Language has always evolved over the centuries.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

archiekeith wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:32 pm
Southern Softy wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:25 pm For people who think a captain needs to be loud on the field - there's a difference between activity and action.
Afraid there isn't they are synonymous,both are nouns; any activity being an action. Don't think this far anyone as advocated a captain should be "loud " only , in my case and fozzies we say he was too-quite. Craigo is on the money in his post
Yet SOL who for all account was very quiet and lead by example counters your opinions with an opposite one.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:18 pm
archiekeith wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:32 pm
Yet SOL who for all account was very quiet and lead by example counters your opinions with an opposite one.
We agree Sol ( andFaz were/are quiet.
Both led lead by example not loudness. Action and Activity are synonyms. Language is diachronic Amen!
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

In RL terms (as in many other options) activity is running around a lot and often shouting as well without doing anything to resolve situations - action is doing something positive whether quietly or noisily.