Wigan Vs Leeds CC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Py33

Re: Wigan Vs Leeds CC

Post by Py33 »

Still in desperate need of a reliable goal kicker. We haven’t had a decent one since Pat Richards. I wonder if the pressure of trying to kick goals in having an effect on the rest of Harry Smith’s game.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Is it not possible to find some big forwards who can push the opposition back surley the most be some Png or Tonga players dying to prove them selves over here?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

pearsy wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:32 pm Is it not possible to find some big forwards who can push the opposition back surley the most be some Png or Tonga players dying to prove them selves over here?
I think we will defo be dipping into the market soon.They are dropping like flies
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Not so worried about Smith long-term, he'll sort it out, but you may have a point that when a kicker is kicking poorly it may affect their performance in other areas. Overall, a much improved effort by the lads, well done to everyone involved. I thought that Rocky did well under the circumstances and his presence means that we don't need to rush Jai back. Wardle's best game so far too. Pleased to see Nsemba do so well, he's got great potential, but we mustn't expect too much from him at this stage of his career. Ethan will be out for some time and I can't help thinking that we have to get a another prop in even if only on loan. We just need another big body to drive the ball up and take some punishment or what's left of our pack will be worn out by the end of the season. Depending on the draw, we could be out of the cup before we get any of the injured props back.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Just seen that both KPP and Isa our out for long stretches so our pack really is decimated. I hope we have some spare cap space.
PorterjohLam

Post by PorterjohLam »

How the hell has Nsemba had so little time when the likes of Mago, Ellis and even KPP have been out there stealing a living?

Anyway, great win. Wardle was outstanding today, everything I thought he would be - real strike.

We need a goalkicker.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

southportcdm wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:49 pm Just seen that both KPP and Isa our out for long stretches so our pack really is decimated. I hope we have some spare cap space.
Where have you seen this? I thought KPP may have been dropped.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Blackpool pie - on the rugby league news website. Evidently KPP was on twitter/facebook saying that he was out for a few weeks and in another report Matty said the same.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Py33 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:00 pm Still in desperate need of a reliable goal kicker. We haven’t had a decent one since Pat Richards. I wonder if the pressure of trying to kick goals in having an effect on the rest of Harry Smith’s game.
Smith isn’t consistent enough to be the team kicker, leaves us under pressure especially with the some of the kicks he missed.
Thank god we got over the line though, first half thought we were very static, second half we seem to come alive.
Wardle was class today he was everywhere but French always leads the way for me, he always seems to be doing everything for that team, except his effort Newman he needs to do better than that. Also thank god Newman has an ego, if he doesn’t he gives that ball and they score then it would be a different game
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:35 pm
pearsy wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:32 pm Is it not possible to find some big forwards who can push the opposition back surley the most be some Png or Tonga players dying to prove them selves over here?
I think we will defo be dipping into the market soon.They are dropping like flies
We are definitely looking lightweight in that department. It has also become apparent what a big loss Cooper is.