Wigan Vs Leeds CC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Wigan Vs Leeds CC

Post by Charriots Offiah »

southportcdm wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:49 pm Just seen that both KPP and Isa our out for long stretches so our pack really is decimated. I hope we have some spare cap space.
I hope that we continue to give Hill and Nsembe game time although I would like to see us bolster our prop department.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:10 pm
southportcdm wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:49 pm Just seen that both KPP and Isa our out for long stretches so our pack really is decimated. I hope we have some spare cap space.
I hope that we continue to give Hill and Nsembe game time although I would like to see us bolster our prop department.
I'd sooner feed them through slowly and not over work them think you're right it's getting to the point t they need to at least be looking to bring a prop in the injury lost isn't huge but it does seem those out are out for months..

Not seen the game yet been out all.day ill look forward to watching later on
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Barney841 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:03 pm
Py33 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:00 pm Still in desperate need of a reliable goal kicker. We haven’t had a decent one since Pat Richards. I wonder if the pressure of trying to kick goals in having an effect on the rest of Harry Smith’s game.
Smith isn’t consistent enough to be the team kicker, leaves us under pressure especially with the some of the kicks he missed.
Thank god we got over the line though, first half thought we were very static, second half we seem to come alive.
Wardle was class today he was everywhere but French always leads the way for me, he always seems to be doing everything for that team, except his effort Newman he needs to do better than that. Also thank god Newman has an ego, if he doesn’t he gives that ball and they score then it would be a different game
Glad to see Newman screw up today - comeuppance for last weeks arrogance - great player mind :)
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Got out of jail there but I don't care, it is the cup.

Not had time to read the thread so this may have been mentioned before but the bloody BBC think we play RU because according to them in the match report we lost to a 14 man Leeds last week who had a man sent off.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:57 pm Got out of jail there but I don't care, it is the cup.

Not had time to read the thread so this may have been mentioned before but the bloody BBC think we play RU because according to them in the match report we lost to a 14 man Leeds last week who had a man sent off.
I partially agree with you, in the first half we bombed our chances and we're lucky to not be further behind, however we played dominantly in the second half and Leeds only position really came from us over playing.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Fantastic to see Hampshire enjoying his rugby in cherry and white! Watching the game back and he did start to come into the game more in the second half.
Him and Thornley have been really good when we have seen them this year, just need to keep them fit. Could be very useful utility players this season
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Richymac wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:51 pm Fantastic to see Hampshire enjoying his rugby in cherry and white! Watching the game back and he did start to come into the game more in the second half.
Him and Thornley have been really good when we have seen them this year, just need to keep them fit. Could be very useful utility players this season
I agree with you 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Good win but we were lucky.

Smithies and Wardle were excellent.

Nsemba showed our forwards how to run.

Smith doesn’t seem to be getting better. When is he going to stop just hitting the ball and hoping for the best with his in field kicks?

A lot of average performances / quiet games - Shorrocks, Hampshire, King…

Havard is going to be a ridiculous blow.

French’s defensive frailties showed in the 1st half. Better teams would take advance. Defence wins games, Field to 1 when fit.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:07 pm Good win but we were lucky.

Smithies and Wardle were excellent.

Nsemba showed our forwards how to run.

Smith doesn’t seem to be getting better. When is he going to stop just hitting the ball and hoping for the best with his in field kicks?

A lot of average performances / quiet games - Shorrocks, Hampshire, King…

Havard is going to be a ridiculous blow.

French’s defensive frailties showed in the 1st half. Better teams would take advance. Defence wins games, Field to 1 when fit.
C'mon - kicking from hand gave Leeds trouble all game - place kicking - not so much :)
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:45 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:10 pm
I'd sooner feed them through slowly and not over work them think you're right it's getting to the point t they need to at least be looking to bring a prop in the injury lost isn't huge but it does seem those out are out for months..

Not seen the game yet been out all.day ill look forward to watching later on
Given our injury situation Hill, Nsembe, and others will have to hold the fort until the cavalry arrives.