Wigan vs Saints match thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butchbulldog

Re: Wigan vs Saints match thread

Post by butchbulldog »

Totally agree
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i watched the game for the 1st time last night whilst doing a bike session at home

general views are that we invited Saints to attack us in the 1st half through poor discipline (although i think some were harsh), poor retention of the ball and general bad luck (kick against the post / kick straight at Frenchs hand for repeat sets), and that poor 1st half drained us in the 2nd half. To still be in the game at half time was probably a little flattering to us

2nd half i looked up a couple of times, and the defensive line was all over the place and i noticed a couple of arms being thrown up in the air in back play / players looking at each other with a what the f*** type attitude

Defensively we seem to have fallen apart and it was highlighted in the coverage from 1.5 tries per game to 5.5 tries per game conceded.

from individual players perspective Thornley had a mare dropping the ball and conceding penalties. Smith appeared to be rushing out the line (coming in field), and thus dragging his outside in too, making it too easy for Saints to create the overlap

as for the Saints players giving the the big i am, i can get Welsby as he probably got loads of s*** off the fans, plus the Wigan players got into his face a couple of seasons ago, but Ritson giving Miski some when he was tackled into touch, when he fell into the tackle as 4th man, really, get over yourself, you aint good enough to be giving it billy big balls
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

widdenoldboy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:09 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:54 pm
butchbulldog wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:42 pm Only got to watch the game today as been away on holiday, wasn’t the best performance but ref spoilt the game, some off his decisions were terrible.
Ive still only seen bits as i was working but my mam said same.Cant get myself to watch it fully coz i reckon ill get angry and p&@@£d off
Oh you definately will get p&@@£d off mate!

Totally let the crowd ref the game for most of the match then tried to even it up at the end - dick!
Why am i not suprised at the evening up
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE