Chairman Doris

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

Chairman Doris

Post by we_need_a_coach »

In reply to a previous poster, of course Doris is still involved in the signing of new players, he see's it as his role, just read any article in any paper, or on any website, like tonights release regarding Hock.

I have been told from my very reliable source, that the reason Newton, Betts and Lam have left is because of disagreements with Doris and Millward. and that recently Millward and Doris have been seen having spats.

The man won't let go, Millward will not tolerate any interferance, and came in on that understanding. If Doris continues we will be looking for a new coach before the end of next season.

Again on our signings, IMO we will be lucky to finish higher than 4th next season, that will still be a disaster for us, will we still get the same old 'Building for the future cr*p'

:wink: :wink: :wink:
Red Hot Mama

Re: Chairman Doris

Post by Red Hot Mama »

Oh my God He's back :o
Brian's Girl

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

That makes real sense. I mean Lam phoned Mo to ask his advice about coaching at Cronulla and praised Mo unbelievably fondly.

Yep I guess your right
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Welcome back, wnac! It's been too quiet on here! :wink:
Got anyone in mind to replace Millward yet?
SiY

Post by SiY »

We can only hope...that when the crap hits the fan and someone needs to go, someone higher up then Doris gets rid of Doris instead of IM as they can see very clearly that IM is the best coach in super league and one of the best in the world. And Doris is a rubbish chairman. Doris has been slowly killing the club..lets get rid of the dead weight.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

SiY posted:
....as they can see very clearly that IM is the best coach in super league and one of the best in the world. And Doris is a rubbish chairman.
So he was wrong to appoint IM then was he? And wrong to give IM the major say in sigings?

I suppose throuhgout the 80's and nineties ML had nothing to do with the success of the club and should be pilloried for siging players like Hanley and Botica?

He brought success to the club back then and if by appointing Millward and stepping aside from playing matters he brings success again, what have you got to complain about?

Dave
Louise

Post by Louise »

Glad you are back W-N-A-C about time too!!
:D
You are right IM wanted Lammy and Betts out along time ago Schalk Britz posted it a while ago but no one wanted to listen hope he/she comes back on here too. Oh and the latter one I don't really give a toss about good riddance.
http://www.wiganstpats2oz.co.uk

St pat's Australian tour 2007 sponsors needed........

http://www.wiganstpats2oz.co.uk/
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

SiY posted:
We can only hope...that when the crap hits the fan and someone needs to go, someone higher up then Doris gets rid of Doris instead of IM as they can see very clearly that IM is the best coach in super league and one of the best in the world. And Doris is a rubbish chairman. Doris has been slowly killing the club..lets get rid of the dead weight.
For once I have to defend ML. Millward has come in on the agreement that he has control over the team, recruitment, and it seems backroom staff. The squad and team will be all Millward's work, so if it all fails then surely it's Millward's fault, not ML's. I've not seen or heard anything to substantiate WNAC's claims that ML is still sticking his oar in, and Millward's the kind of bloke who is not afraid of speaking his mind if things are not going as he expects - his lack of complaints speak a lot IMO. Why should ML be the one who goes if this doesn't work rather than anyone else?

But I can't believe we're even having these kind of discussions months before the season is due to start when none of us have seen the squad play together yet (including the coaching staff, with players on international duty etc). I'm happy for criticism when we're doing badly, but there is absolutely no-one who can say for certain what's going to happen next year, good or bad, so for people to be predicting doom and gloom already is completely ridiculous. Maybe these people can look into their crystal balls to find out next week's lottery numbers whilst they're out predicting the future?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

I agree, i think that the relationship between Maurice and Ian will either be rosey and everything fantastic in the world of Wigan, or it could prove to be very volitile. It all depends if Maurice sticks to his word and does give full control to Ian. You have two very strong characters, who are proabably better working independantly of one another and left to their own jobs and devices.
SiY

Post by SiY »

Ok i think i was a little harsh in my last post. Granted ML made good decisions late 80's and early to mid 90's. But since then we've not had as good signings and 80% of the time gone for over the hill past it aussies/new zealanders. I just feel that we should give IM a chance and not let ML personal feelings towards him affect his future at the club. As there have been instances in the past where a player goes because ML may not get on with them.