Adam keighran

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Firestarter

Re: Adam keighran

Post by Firestarter »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:24 pm If King doesn't want to play for Wire again all he has to do is tell them that.
"I don't want to play for you again as I'm not interested in Warrington."
Fitz will then have to sort out that mess. He will have to tell Powell that King isn't interested and doesn't want to play for him or Warrington again.

If they insist, then King returns and just trains half arsed. No way will he then get selected. So Fitz then has to get a player on a massive wedge who won't be playing off their salary cap.
There's no future in that for Wire.
Thats the way i see it.King looks as happy as ive ever seen him at wigan.Hes definitely had a lot more good games than bad.Josie will know if he wants to stay im sure.Over to you josie
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:08 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:24 pm If King doesn't want to play for Wire again all he has to do is tell them that.
"I don't want to play for you again as I'm not interested in Warrington."
Fitz will then have to sort out that mess. He will have to tell Powell that King isn't interested and doesn't want to play for him or Warrington again.

If they insist, then King returns and just trains half arsed. No way will he then get selected. So Fitz then has to get a player on a massive wedge who won't be playing off their salary cap.
There's no future in that for Wire.
Thats the way i see it.King looks as happy as ive ever seen him at wigan.Hes definitely had a lot more good games than bad.Josie will know if he wants to stay im sure.Over to you josie
He’s told me more than once he loves it here & would love to stay.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Adam has apparently turned down two contract extensions at le cats so its looking increasingly good for his signing.Just hope we can get King as well, maybe a player swap
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Reported Wigan Warriors target rejects 2 contract extensions at SL club

IT’S that time of the year when Super League clubs try and build their squads for the season beyond in terms of both recruitment and retention.

For Wigan Warriors, the club has already brought in the likes of Kruise Leeming, Sam Walters and Tiaki Chan for 2024 and beyond, but they have also been heavily linked to Catalans Dragons centre Adam Keighran.

With loanee Toby King set to return to parent club Warrington Wolves at the end of the season, it would make Wigan short in the centre position

The Warriors have also been linked with Dolphins centre Brenko Lee, but it appears as though Keighran is the main target.

In fact, French publication L’Independant has reported that Keighran has rejected two contract extensions from the Dragons with a move to Catalans’ Super League rivals looking increasingly likely with “a very lucrative offer” reportedly awaiting the Australian centre at the DW Stadium.

It would be interesting to see how Catalans would go about replacing Keighran, who has been a pivotal figure in Steve McNamara’s side’s charge to the top of the Super League table.

https://www.totalrl.com/reported-wigan- ... ague-club/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Is he any good? He has hardly played for any of his clubs, as far as I can work out.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:52 am Is he any good? He has hardly played for any of his clubs, as far as I can work out.
I dont remember ever seeing him in the nrl.Hes supposed to be a good kicker and playing both centre and stand off can only benefit us.If cust leaves then surely kings signing is doable
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:14 am
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:52 am Is he any good? He has hardly played for any of his clubs, as far as I can work out.
I dont remember ever seeing him in the nrl.Hes supposed to be a good kicker and playing both centre and stand off can only benefit us.If cust leaves then surely kings signing is doable
If we can't secure King then I'd rather sign a known established winger than another project player
endoman

Post by endoman »

medlocke wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:31 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:14 am
If we can't secure King then I'd rather sign a known established winger than another project player
A winger? Who are you dropping?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Why would we keep king if we make this signing? You can't collect senior centres. The pressure for positions should be coming from the youngsters, not disgruntled senior players who aren't getting game time.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
WIGIAN

Post by WIGIAN »

We need a quality goal kicker it will bite us this year at some point in key games. If we can keep King/Wardle in centres ,I guess it depends on his half back utility credentials , if we lose King then he's a drop in at centre . We are desperate for a natural attacking 6 to support Smith which Cust isn't. Despite some runs at 9 I think with Leeming on his way and Brad doing well , Cust's days are numbered as may be Powell's.