Adam keighran

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Re: Adam keighran

Post by Dan2266 »

Has been offered a contract by Wigan in the last few days
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:46 am Has been offered a contract by Wigan in the last few days
So that means, if he accepts, that Warrington are taking Toby King back!

I asked Toby the other day did he know what was happening & he said he hadn’t heard anything but that;

"I feel like I’m on parole & I’m going back to prison"!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

On King, is it possible that he could negotiate a release from Wire and take a "lower" contract from Wigan, not likely but possible?
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

For me there's only one way king is going back to wire is that Powell is going. Games being played here. They won't undermine Powell.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

widdenoldboy wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:34 am On King, is it possible that he could negotiate a release from Wire and take a "lower" contract from Wigan, not likely but possible?
Forgot that Wire would want a transfer fee or some sort of compensation.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Feel sorry for King but still think we have the upper hand here. They (Powell) don't really want him back so we should wait as long as possible to see if they crack. The signing of Keighran would strengthen our hand if we want to keep Toby as well.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:08 pm For me there's only one way king is going back to wire is that Powell is going. Games being played here. They won't undermine Powell.
I get what you’re saying but since King is contracted to Wire and on a reported good salary then the balls in his court more than Powell?

You can’t just shift on a contracted player.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

widdenoldboy wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:16 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:34 am On King, is it possible that he could negotiate a release from Wire and take a "lower" contract from Wigan, not likely but possible?
Not necessarily true if they need / want him off the cap or Powell just doesn’t want him regardless.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:26 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:08 pm For me there's only one way king is going back to wire is that Powell is going. Games being played here. They won't undermine Powell.
I get what you’re saying but since King is contracted to Wire and on a reported good salary then the balls in his court more than Powell?

You can’t just shift on a contracted player.
I agree King could if he sonwishednturn up to train and then off home for tea and digestives to wind his contract down that won't happen like but he could do the ball is in his court till his deal expires
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

widdenoldboy wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:16 pm
A transfer fee would not be a problem.