Havard signs four-year deal

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Havard signs four-year deal

Post by josie andrews »

Ethan Havard has signed a new 4-year deal with the Club.

Havard: “I’m proud to play here and pull on this jersey every week.”

Forward made his return to action in today’s victory over Warrington following an elbow injury.

Wigan Warriors are delighted to announce that forward Ethan Havard has signed a new 4-year-deal with the Club.

The 22-year-old has put pen to paper on a new deal that will see him stay with the Club until at least the end of 2027.

Bulgarian-born Havard started playing Rugby League at the age of five as his father was a coach at Wigan St Patrick’s ARLFC and he started to play for the U7s. He joined the Wigan Scholarship programme halfway through the 2016 season and went on to win Scholarship player of the year in 2017.

After winning the Academy Grand Final with the U19s in 2018 and numerous stand-out performances, he made his first team debut in a 46-6 win over Wakefield Trinity in July 2019. He also returned to the Academy to become a double Academy Grand Final winner, beating St Helens at the DW Stadium.

Ethan also has a League Leaders’ Shield winners medal and 2022 Betfred Challenge Cup winners medal, he has played for England Knights and recently made his full England debut in the 64-0 over France in the 2022 mid-season test at Warrington.

On signing his new deal, Havard said: “I’m proud to play here and pull on this jersey every week. The Club is building and I’m excited to see what the future holds for me at this Club.”

Head Coach Matt Peet said: “I’m really pleased Ethan has signed a new deal with the Club. I’m really looking forward to working with him over the next four years and helping him develop more.”

Chief Executive Kris Radlinski said: “ We have known the potential of Ethan for many years. He has been somebody who we have believed in since he joined us as a junior. He has clearly grown into a fine specimen of an athlete but he has retained his dedication and humility. He has got a massive future at the Club and will be right at the centre of future planning.“

Ethan Havard is sponsored by Fisher German Priestner.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/06/ ... year-deal/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Re: Havard signs four-year deal

Post by medlocke »

Excellent signing, he sure did make the difference today
bertina

Post by bertina »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:50 pm Ethan Havard has signed a new 4-year deal with the Club.

Havard: “I’m proud to play here and pull on this jersey every week.”

Forward made his return to action in today’s victory over Warrington following an elbow injury.

Wigan Warriors are delighted to announce that forward Ethan Havard has signed a new 4-year-deal with the Club.

The 22-year-old has put pen to paper on a new deal that will see him stay with the Club until at least the end of 2027.

Bulgarian-born Havard started playing Rugby League at the age of five as his father was a coach at Wigan St Patrick’s ARLFC and he started to play for the U7s. He joined the Wigan Scholarship programme halfway through the 2016 season and went on to win Scholarship player of the year in 2017.

After winning the Academy Grand Final with the U19s in 2018 and numerous stand-out performances, he made his first team debut in a 46-6 win over Wakefield Trinity in July 2019. He also returned to the Academy to become a double Academy Grand Final winner, beating St Helens at the DW Stadium.

Ethan also has a League Leaders’ Shield winners medal and 2022 Betfred Challenge Cup winners medal, he has played for England Knights and recently made his full England debut in the 64-0 over France in the 2022 mid-season test at Warrington.

On signing his new deal, Havard said: “I’m proud to play here and pull on this jersey every week. The Club is building and I’m excited to see what the future holds for me at this Club.”

Head Coach Matt Peet said: “I’m really pleased Ethan has signed a new deal with the Club. I’m really looking forward to working with him over the next four years and helping him develop more.”

Chief Executive Kris Radlinski said: “ We have known the potential of Ethan for many years. He has been somebody who we have believed in since he joined us as a junior. He has clearly grown into a fine specimen of an athlete but he has retained his dedication and humility. He has got a massive future at the Club and will be right at the centre of future planning.“

Ethan Havard is sponsored by Fisher German Priestner.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/06/ ... year-deal/
Well done Wigan Warriors management.👍👍👍
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

medlocke wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:00 pm Excellent signing, he sure did make the difference today
He certainly did, Meds. He did big minutes and was hugely effective, especially considering it was his first game back.

A four year deal is brilliant news.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

The sceptic in me is wondering if this is so we can get a fee when/if he goes to the NRL
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Brilliant hes somert else that mon
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:28 pm Brilliant hes somert else that mon
Messaged his Mum to clone us another 2 Ethan’s 😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Absolutely immense player.

If he can stay injury free, consistent and continue to develop then he honestly has the world at his feet.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:36 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:28 pm Brilliant hes somert else that mon
Messaged his Mum to clone us another 2 Ethan’s 😂😂
we can only dream
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Sure showed today just what he is capable of. Great work by the club.