Havard signs four-year deal

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Havard signs four-year deal

Post by josie andrews »

WIGAN WARRIORS have been boosted by the news that Ethan Havard has signed a new four-year deal withb the club.

The 22-year-old has put pen to paper on a new deal that will see him stay with the club until at least the end of 2027.

Bulgarian-born Havard started playing Rugby League at the age of five as his father was a coach at Wigan St Patrick’s ARLFC and he started to play for the U7s. He joined the Wigan Scholarship programme halfway through the 2016 season and went on to win Scholarship player of the year in 2017

After winning the Academy Grand Final with the U19s in 2018 and numerous stand-out performances, he made his first team debut in a 46-6 win over Wakefield Trinity in July 2019. He also returned to the Academy to become a double Academy Grand Final winner, beating St Helens at the DW Stadium.

Havard also has a League Leaders’ Shield winners medal and 2022 Betfred Challenge Cup winners medal, he has played for England Knights and recently made his full England debut in the 64-0 over France in the 2022 mid-season test at Warrington.

On signing his new deal, Havard said: “I’m proud to play here and pull on this jersey every week. The Club is building and I’m excited to see what the future holds for me at this Club.”

Head Coach Matt Peet said: “I’m really pleased Ethan has signed a new deal with the Club. I’m really looking forward to working with him over the next four years and helping him develop more.”

Chief Executive Kris Radlinski said: “ We have known the potential of Ethan for many years. He has been somebody who we have believed in since he joined us as a junior. He has clearly grown into a fine specimen of an athlete but he has retained his dedication and humility. He has got a massive future at the Club and will be right at the centre of future planning.“

https://www.totalrl.com/ethan-havard-si ... -warriors/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

This lad could be a future Wigan captain.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

WIGAN WARRIORS have been boosted by the news that Ethan Havard has signed a new four-year deal withb the club.

What a boost for the club, someone was asking who we have signed - well the answer is one of the best props in the game. Keep 'em coming....
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

This is even more important than a new signing. If you were looking for a player of the season so far I think it would be between him and French. Obviously we need to bring in some reinforcements so he has the right players around him but he would get into every single team in the comp which is something you'd rarely say about any of our other props in the last few years.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Good news if at the worst it protects the club if the nrl come sniffing round and if not then wigan ha e a fine super league player win,win to me but he needs more than the likes of mago around him oh to find a couple of 27/28 year old Mike Cooper type players..
Gaznier

Post by Gaznier »

Far and away our best forward.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

He's been top quality for us whether he stays 4 years is another question.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Brilliant news, hopefully we can add another quality prop or 2 to him in the forwards and build a strong pack for the first time in a good few years.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Great news.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Havard: Proud to play here

Ethan Havard reflected on his contract extension following Wigan’s Challenge Cup Quarter Final victory over Warrington Wolves.

Havard: “I’m proud to play here and to pull this jersey on every week and the Club is building, so I’m excited for what the future holds here.”

See the full interview on Wigan TV HERE.

Ethan Havard says he is ‘proud’ to play for Wigan Warriors following our 14-12 Challenge Cup Quarter Final victory over Warrington Wolves at the DW Stadium.

Reflecting on the performance, Havard said: “Yeah it was some win! The boys showed a lot of resilience, going down to 12 pretty early but we just dug deep, stuck to the game plan and happy to come away with the win.”

Havard returned to action for the first time since he dislocated his elbow in the Warriors’ Sixth Round win over Leeds Rhinos last month.

Speaking on his recovery, he said: “It’s been good, a lot of hard work but I’ve got a lot of people to thank in the back room. The likes of the physios and the strength and conditioning coaches, they’ve put a lot of work in with me – so I really appreciate that.”
Player Stats

65 minutes

37 tackles

179 metres

20 runs
The Warriors will now face Hull KR in the Semi Final at Headingley Stadium on Sunday 23 July, and speaking on the tie, Havard said: “They’re a tough team to come up against but we’ve won this stuff before, we know what it takes to win a Semi Final.”

On the chance to get to Wembley, Havard added: “It would be amazing. It’d be the first time that a lot of us have played at Wembley so that would be an amazing experience and something we’d remember for the rest of our lives.”

The Club announced post-match that the Prop Forward has signed a new four-year deal, and speaking on the extension, Havard said: “It’s pretty special. I’m proud to play here and to pull this jersey on every week and the Club is building, so I’m excited for what the future holds here.”

Hear the full interview from Ethan Havard, as well as post match reaction from Head Coach Matt Peet and Harry Smith on Wigan TV HERE.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/06/ ... play-here/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan