Who does the ground actually belond to?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Pengy

Who does the ground actually belond to?

Post by Pengy »

Just talking to my dad and he was saying that a man at work was saying that the ground is more wigan warriors, and then we got on to the subject of what would happen if wigan athletic got into the premiership. Would wigan warriors then get kicked out of the ground or what? Its been said that a rugby team cannot share a ground with a premiership side although london did share with charlton for a year or two. Can somebody please tell me the true story of what will happen?
pie eater and proud of it

Ground

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

This is an old chestnut.....usually put about by supporters of the new all conquering team that resides in the blue half of Wigan.

I am sick of hearing that we are 'squatters' 'tenants' or whatever........as far as I know the ground is owned by Mr Whelan or a company of his........not the Warriors or the Latics.

As for them reckoning we are automatically out come the day they get into the premiership ( ha ha ) then surely this cannot be the case as both London Broncos and Bradford have shared a ground with a premiership soccer team.
Pengy

but...

Post by Pengy »

if whelan decided to kick one of then teams out, would he be able to?
vikki

ground sharing

Post by vikki »

there is no law according to the FA that a football team cannot share with a rugby team therefore wigan warriors do not have to move out of the jjb and aslong as the stadium meets all the criteria and the club applies for permission to share with any other team whether it be rugby league or union
Mike
Site Admin

state of the pitch

Post by Mike »

Anyway, I reckon we should kick the footy team out - did you see the state of the pitch on Sunday.

They shouldn't be allowed to play on our grass during the winter, it wrecks it. We always hand it back in a much better condition than we get it in...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐