Matty Peet shares praise for Morgan Smithies as he prepares to make landmark for the club

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Matty Peet shares praise for Morgan Smithies as he prepares to make landmark for the club

Post by medlocke »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:06 pm
medlocke wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:34 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:09 pm

I think we have the youngest squad in SL 😊
And that's why we aren't a dominant force
I thought it was because of P****l :D
It's a combination of the lot, but it ok as long as you lot keep laughing and put up with mediocrity then we will succeed in cementing ourselves as a mid level club
josie andrews

Re: Matty Peet shares praise for Morgan Smithies as he prepares to make landmark for the club

Post by josie andrews »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:09 pm

I think we have the youngest squad in SL 😊
I don't know what that means?🤔
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

medlocke wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:11 pm

It's a combination of the lot, but it ok as long as you lot keep laughing and put up with mediocrity then we will succeed in cementing ourselves as a mid level club
Bit of a serious-sounding answer there, mate. I guess there are lots of different types of fans/supporters, with different personalities.

For me, rugby - and Wigan in particular - has been a constant thread in my life. Lots of happy times among the bad days. If I say I don't take it too seriously, lots of folk will misunderstand me - my neighbours wouldn't believe me cos they hear me shouting when we score.
But I've learned to take the rough with the smooth, and the good times are even better when they follow bad ones. If we won every game, much as I'd like us to, it could get predictable and boring. A bit like when we only lost 2 league games in a season, both to Wire with Les Boys iirc.

I wouldn't want us to be in a league where the other 11 teams couldn't compete but we had a squad of "Wigan standard" players, the best in every position. Sport is about competition and uncertainty for me.

I'm also happy to leave the coaching to , , , errr , , the coaches. Hard to believe, but they just might know more about the game and the team than I do.

But everybody to their own. If some want to moan about Powell, jftb, or list the faults of all our players, and it keeps them happy - or miserable - then good luck to one and all. I'm happy as I am, looking forward to Sunday's game being a hard fought one against a well-coached team with some good rugby played.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:20 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:06 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:26 pm That’s why I waited for Bateman to leave, no way should he have had the 13 shirt, so I could put a proper 13 Loose Forward on the back of mine 😊

Smithies on my home, Havard on my away & French on the Charity shirt.
And Welsby on your England jersey josie?😭
No way!

It was always Lockers. Then last year when we played the friendly at Wire, I put KPP on the back & he didn’t play! Then they brought another shirt out for the World Cup so got that but no one on the back!
Here's. A thought. How about a number 9 on the back with the inscription " A hooker" that would raise a smile Josie I'm joking :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:55 pm
medlocke wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:11 pm

Bit of a serious-sounding answer there, mate. I guess there are lots of different types of fans/supporters, with different personalities.

For me, rugby - and Wigan in particular - has been a constant thread in my life. Lots of happy times among the bad days. If I say I don't take it too seriously, lots of folk will misunderstand me - my neighbours wouldn't believe me cos they hear me shouting when we score.
But I've learned to take the rough with the smooth, and the good times are even better when they follow bad ones. If we won every game, much as I'd like us to, it could get predictable and boring. A bit like when we only lost 2 league games in a season, both to Wire with Les Boys iirc.

I wouldn't want us to be in a league where the other 11 teams couldn't compete but we had a squad of "Wigan standard" players, the best in every position. Sport is about competition and uncertainty for me.

I'm also happy to leave the coaching to , , , errr , , the coaches. Hard to believe, but they just might know more about the game and the team than I do.

But everybody to their own. If some want to moan about Powell, jftb, or list the faults of all our players, and it keeps them happy - or miserable - then good luck to one and all. I'm happy as I am, looking forward to Sunday's game being a hard fought one against a well-coached team with some good rugby played.
Good post Morley 👏🏼

I’m the same take the good days along with the bad, it’s a game, not a matter of life & death!

I know what you meant now 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Absolutely agree with all that. I follow a few team sports and support a number kf teams all from my local demographic - wigan being one. I enjoy when my teams win, of course I do. But if you don't get the bad, the good just isn't as good.

Example being when Leicester won the Premier League a few years back. You saw fans crying with joy. You don't see that with Man City supporters who have only started supporting them when they started winning, but you see those fans taking to social media angry as owt when they don't win. Feels a little bit like some on here may have been spoilt in the 80s and 90s with all the success that came Wigans way to me.
craigo

Post by craigo »

He is a brilliant player. Plays on the edge. Just wish he would stop the verbals. In the game too much. Especially lately.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:45 pm Absolutely agree with all that. I follow a few team sports and support a number kf teams all from my local demographic - wigan being one. I enjoy when my teams win, of course I do. But if you don't get the bad, the good just isn't as good.

Example being when Leicester won the Premier League a few years back. You saw fans crying with joy. You don't see that with Man City supporters who have only started supporting them when they started winning, but you see those fans taking to social media angry as owt when they don't win. Feels a little bit like some on here may have been spoilt in the 80s and 90s with all the success that came Wigans way to me.
Yes to all that 😊

I remember when we won the League Leaders Shield v HKR in 2010 I was crying my eyes out with Feka holding me, we’d not won anything for ages, 12 years if my maths are correct. Mind you when we beat Bradford in that playoff game, 22.09.2007 never forget the date, it was as if we’d won something other than just a game 😂

Then Hull FC away with us all wearing moustaches 😂 that was another brilliant night.

The week after had my spine operated on the Wednesday 3.10.2007 we played Leeds on the Friday 5th made sure I had a tv in my hospital room. Sadly we lost 😢 but what an end to a season where we were we couldn’t find a win anywhere until Nobby came 😂 🏉🍒⚪️❤️
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:08 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:45 pm Absolutely agree with all that. I follow a few team sports and support a number kf teams all from my local demographic - wigan being one. I enjoy when my teams win, of course I do. But if you don't get the bad, the good just isn't as good.

Yes to all that 😊

I remember when we won the League Leaders Shield v HKR in 2010 I was crying my eyes out with Feka holding me, we’d not won anything for ages, 12 years if my maths are correct. Mind you when we beat Bradford in that playoff game, 22.09.2007 never forget the date, it was as if we’d won something other than just a game 😂

Then Hull FC away with us all wearing moustaches 😂 that was another brilliant night.

The week after had my spine operated on the Wednesday 3.10.2007 we played Leeds on the Friday 5th made sure I had a tv in my hospital room. Sadly we lost 😢 but what an end to a season where we were we couldn’t find a win anywhere until Nobby came 😂 🏉🍒⚪️❤️
Was that the away game when Feka scored from a penalty with about 5 players hanging off him right in front of us?
Stanfax

Post by Stanfax »

"I remember when we won the League Leaders Shield v HKR in 2010 I was crying my eyes out with Feka holding me, we’d not won anything for ages, 12 years if my maths are correct."
Fantastic day at Craven Park! Was sat on the back row if the temporary stand hugging the 2010 incarnation of our mascot like I was 10 years old. Then seeing Stevie Hampson behind the main stand, telling my lad how he never dropped anything, then launching myself at him. Didn't drop me either!