Matchday Info: Salford (A)

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
josie andrews

Matchday Info: Salford (A)

Post by josie andrews »

Matchday information ahead of our trip to Salford Red Devils on Sunday.

Tickets, Travel, Entertainment and More!

Salford Red Devils v Wigan Warriors, Sunday 25 June (3pm K.O.), The Salford Stadium.

Here’s all the information you need ahead of Sunday’s Betfred Super League game against Salford Red Devils at The Salford Stadium.

Armed Forces Day

Sunday’s fixture has been dedicated as the Red Devils’ Armed Forces appreciation day, which involves plenty of pre and post-match entertainment for supporters to enjoy at The Salford Stadium.

There will be a fairground, military vehicles, zorbing area, Royal Fusiliers Band as well as a field gun firing on the pitch and an appearance from the Red Devils Parachute team who will be landing in with the match ball!

There will also be live music outside the stadium from Alex Spencer, Chaddy and the Backhanders and DJ Dave Sweetmore.

All the entertainment will commence from 11am, and anyone with a valid match ticket will receive a discount on the fair and zorbing activities.

More information on pre-match entertainment can be found HERE.

Tickets

Match tickets are available to buy in-store at Robin Park Arena (open Monday-Saturday, 10am-4pm) until 3pm on Friday 23 June. Pay on the day tickets will be available, with a £1.50 increase.

Please note that tickets purchased online after 4pm on Wednesday 21 June will need to be collected from the Robin Park Arena Club store.

Travel

Official Club Travel is available for this game run by Tyrers Coaches, which will depart from Robin Park Arena on Sunday 25 June at 12:45pm, and tickets can be purchased HERE.

Supporters who are making their own way to The Salford Stadium must pay for parking in advance online HERE. Please note there is a limited number of parking spaces available, so please do not arrive at the stadium without booking.

Alternatively, free parking and travel is available from the nearby Trafford Centre. Servicemen/women, veterans, match ticket holders, pass holders and under 16s can all make use of a free shuttle bus service which will run from Bay 16 to the stadium. Travel via the Metrolink will also be free on game day for veterans with a match ticket.

Full details on travel to The Salford Stadium is available HERE.

Kit Check

Wigan Warriors will play in their charity alternate kit at The Salford Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

Not got yours? Get your very own replica shirt, available in-store at Robin Park Arena and online HERE.

The Warriors return to the DW Stadium on Friday 30 June against Huddersfield Giants, and you can buy your tickets either online HERE, or from the DW Stadium Ticket Office.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/06/ ... salford-a/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
LancashireRed

Re: Matchday Info: Salford (A)

Post by LancashireRed »

Looks like less than 425 Away tickets left for the North Stand (Away End) and seating ticket availability in the West Stand for Wigan fans, W01 / W02.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

LancashireRed wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:01 pm Looks like less than 425 Away tickets left for the North Stand (Away End) and seating ticket availability in the West Stand for Wigan fans, W01 / W02.
So by my estimation that's just over 2k of us in the North currently?
LancashireRed

Post by LancashireRed »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:45 pm
LancashireRed wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:01 pm Looks like less than 425 Away tickets left for the North Stand (Away End) and seating ticket availability in the West Stand for Wigan fans, W01 / W02.
So by my estimation that's just over 2k of us in the North currently?
The capacity for the North Stand is 2,500 - so it depends if it is at full capacity. If it is then I'd assume Wigan have sold around 2,000 tickets, plus the those who want seats in W01 and W02.

This is a massive game for Wigan, Hull did both teams a favour last night.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'll be coming. Was going to pay on the day, but you've convinced me to pay the "print at home" fees. Free trams though so it offsets.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:31 am I'll be coming. Was going to pay on the day, but you've convinced me to pay the "print at home" fees. Free trams though so it offsets.
Great for you to be over here 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
LancashireRed

Post by LancashireRed »

Yes fantastic Mike, it makes sense to either print or save the digital ticket to your phone as a screenshot. Saves the queue for tickets and also provides Wigan with an income. I reckon Wigan might bring over 2,500 on Sunday.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:47 am
Mike wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:31 am I'll be coming. Was going to pay on the day, but you've convinced me to pay the "print at home" fees. Free trams though so it offsets.
Yep, it's the one match I can get to this year. Should be a good game too!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:12 am
josie andrews wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:47 am
Yep, it's the one match I can get to this year. Should be a good game too!
You will have to come & say hello, I will be down at the front somewhere 😊
LancashireRed

Post by LancashireRed »

The East Stand has almost filled up now, only a couple of blocks free which is amazing. Still probably around 400 tickets available for the North Stand and space in W01 and W02 for Wigan fans who want to be seated. This will easily be Salford's biggest crowd of the season and very likely a new attendance record for the stadium. Mike you've done the right thing purchasing in advance.

I cannot see any communication from Salford on ticket numbers sold, surely they will provide an update shortly on what stands have availability left.