Mago

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Caboosegg

Re: Mago

Post by Caboosegg »

This would be bad business with out currently depleted pack.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:05 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:02 pm So who we in for? Walters straight away? Dupree? Trout( if recovered)? Ir , like i said on another thread, chris hill? All do a job i reckon
Wishful thinking but how about Liam Knight? Trout is out for the season.
No signing is risk free but Knight has a shocking injury past and is a recovering alcoholic, who attends AA meetings twice a week (he’s been really open about that in the media). When I’ve watched him he is a good player though and he’s currently in Souths reserves, so it wouldn’t be beyond the realms. Another player playing reserve grade is Ryan Sutton. I know he apparently loves it Down Under and is settled, but could he not be tempted with a loan spell, so his young family can spend some time with his family here in Wigan? It would be something I’d be asking if I were Rads.
Pbickerstaff

Post by Pbickerstaff »

Can’t believe it
Mago came from oz a class prop playing at the highest level
He is the only forward that passes in a tackle
The issue is down to this years shite training staff who can’t motivate and train him to the English game
Ffs he is way above singleton
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Pbickerstaff wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:03 pm Can’t believe it
The issue is down to this years shite training staff who can’t motivate and train him to the English game
They manage to train and motivate most of the other players. He was a bit part player at every club he was ever at in the NRL and it’s been easy enough to see why. The lad just looks like he happens to be ok at a game he can make a living from, other than that, I just don’t think it means much to him.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

NICKYKISS wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:13 pm
They manage to train and motivate most of the other players. He was a bit part player at every club he was ever at in the NRL and it’s been easy enough to see why. The lad just looks like he happens to be ok at a game he can make a living from, other than that, I just don’t think it means much to him.
So explain all the other props that have failed at Wigan over the past decade, somethings going wrong somewhere
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

medlocke wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:33 pm
So explain all the other props that have failed at Wigan over the past decade, somethings going wrong somewhere
I was responding to somebody who picked up this coaching staff about Mago’s performance, as though they’ve ruined him. Peet, Lockers, Leuluai etc didn’t sign Singleton either and he’s equally as bad but they’re doing absolutely fine in working with and improving Byrne, Havard, Ellis, Hill etc and Cooper was going well before his injury. I’ve no issue with the blame being laid at the door of the team of people who’ve recruited some of the dross we’ve had at prop but the poster made it sound like we’d signed a World Beater in Mago and ruined him. I’m simply pointing out that his NRL career was next to nothing to write home about, so I wouldn’t be too surprised that he’s not pulled up trees here. It’s tough to get more out of a player who looks like the game is a paid holiday to him.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Top class? You must have been watching a different person to me. By the way, Singo is past his best. Best continue with Hill.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:51 pm
Top class? You must have been watching a different person to me. By the way, Singo is past his best. Best continue with Hill.
Unless we sign somebody, I think there’s a reasonable chance that Hill keeps his place through to the end of the year. You’d imagine Byrne, Havard and Ellis are nailed on and then it’ll be one spot between Hill, Mago and Singleton and he looks to be in front at the moment. It’s a sign of how poor Mago and Singleton have been, when a 19 year old prop, with about 5 appearances is ahead of them. It’s also a pretty big sign that we could really do with a signing this season in that area. I’ve been so impressed with Hill but it’s a tough position to expect a kid to play in week to week.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

NICKYKISS wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:03 pm

I was responding to somebody who picked up this coaching staff about Mago’s performance, as though they’ve ruined him. Peet, Lockers, Leuluai etc didn’t sign Singleton either and he’s equally as bad but they’re doing absolutely fine in working with and improving Byrne, Havard, Ellis, Hill etc and Cooper was going well before his injury. I’ve no issue with the blame being laid at the door of the team of people who’ve recruited some of the dross we’ve had at prop but the poster made it sound like we’d signed a World Beater in Mago and ruined him. I’m simply pointing out that his NRL career was next to nothing to write home about, so I wouldn’t be too surprised that he’s not pulled up trees here. It’s tough to get more out of a player who looks like the game is a paid holiday to him.
Ok, what ever is going on has been going on longer than Peet, Lockers & Lulu, so I can't really blame them for that, we have had players who where far better before coming to Wigan than they where at Wigan, Jeff Lima, Big Frank, Epalahame Lauaki, etc
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

medlocke wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:42 am
NICKYKISS wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:03 pm
Ok, what ever is going on has been going on longer than Peet, Lockers & Lulu, so I can't really blame them for that, we have had players who where far better before coming to Wigan than they where at Wigan, Jeff Lima, Big Frank, Epalahame Lauaki, etc
Lauaki turned out to be a poor signing. Frank Paul too was very hot and cold. Lima was class though. But 2 of 3 of those I would say were failed big money signings