Kruise Leeming joins Wigan from 2024

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Kruise Leeming joins Wigan from 2024

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:21 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:16 pm I wonder if DaveO has seen the news.
I obviously have (now). Not sure Caboosegg has.
Been enjoying the 5 seconds of positivity of the forum.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Pieman13

Post by Pieman13 »

Great signing.
I remember when I went to watch the England vs Combined Nations game when he played for the Combined Nations team. Was the best hooker on the pitch for me and said to my dad he should of been playing ahead of Mcshane.

Watching his highlights from 2021 and he combines well a few times with our other new signing :D

https://youtu.be/JoVfJUL6Qvo
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:29 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:46 am From my point of view, the jury's out. I have seen the lad play well whilst at times he has been average. However, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Good luck to him.
Leeming you mean?

I agree I think he will.delight and annoy in equal measure he's no Roby but an advancement on Powell I think
Yes. I like O’Neil and Forber so I am a tad worried as to what a four year contract does for their progression.
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:52 pm What chance has any player got when people are moaning before they’ve even put a shirt on! 🤨
I’m not moaning Josie, I am just expressing an opinion on what I have seen of him. I’m not blown away unlike others but I am fully in support of him. I hope he kills it.
Charriots Offiah

widdenoldboy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:55 pm Have to wonder if they have found something career ending during Powell's op?

Hopefully we manage Forber/O'Neil and have Hooker sorted for many years.
I honestly don’t see that happening unless the Club are willing to select those two if their form warrants it. I would have far preferred it if Kruise had a two year contract. I suspect he was offered a four year deal to keep him out of the hands of Catalans.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:52 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:55 pm Have to wonder if they have found something career ending during Powell's op?

Hopefully we manage Forber/O'Neil and have Hooker sorted for many years.
I honestly don’t see that happening unless the Club are willing to select those two if their form warrants it. I would have far preferred it if Kruise had a two year contract. I suspect he was offered a four year deal to keep him out of the hands of Catalans.
I would have expected that to be truthful. Our young lads aren’t going to hang around with no chance of getting regular game time in the first team! Wouldn’t want to lose O’Neill especially.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:10 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:16 pm I wonder if DaveO has seen the news.
Really? As one of several posters who have defended Powell and the club sticking with him for years I thought you were keeping quiet given those of us who recognised he’s needed replacing have been vindicated ;)
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:36 am

Really? As one of several posters who have defended Powell and the club sticking with him for years I thought you were keeping quiet given those of us who recognised he’s needed replacing have been vindicated ;)
And your views on the clubs total incompetence on recruitment proven correct too eh?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

My defence of Powell has never stated I believe he's the best hooker around only that the coaching team know better than you and obviously selecting him for a reason. I also refuse to buy into the conspiracy he's un droppable.

We still don't know what's happening with Powell either. Leeming might replace him, but if it's due to injury, will the Anti KR/IL crew be happy still?
Last edited by Caboosegg on Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:55 am

My defence of Powell has never stated I believe he's the best hooker around only that the coaching team know better than you and were obviously selecting him for a reason. I also refusile to buy into the conspiracy he's un droppable.

We still don't know what's happening with Powell either. Leeming might replace him but if it's due to injury will the Anti KR/IL crew be happy still?
So far IL and KR have redeemed themselves with these signings, hopefully it will continue with 1 or 2 more bodies, the only way they can revert to type is to give Powell a first team coaching role without him having any experience, I would have no problem with him going into a role with the academy for several seasons and learning there, which is what they should have done with Lulu.