Kruise Leeming joins Wigan from 2024

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Kruise Leeming joins Wigan from 2024

Post by josie andrews »

Kruise Leeming to join Wigan Warriors from 2024.

Hooker signs four-year deal with the Club.

Leeming: “I believe my best rugby is ahead of me.”

Wigan Warriors are delighted to announce that Kruise Leeming has signed a four-year deal with the club from the 2024 season.

The 27-year-old, who played for six years at Huddersfield Giants between 2013 and 2019, will join from the Gold Coast Titans whom he joined after leaving Leeds in April 2023.

Leeming has also represented the England Knights and the Combined Nations All Stars.

On signing for Wigan, Leeming said: “I am absolutely delighted to sign for the Wigan Warriors from next season.

“When I spoke to Matt [Peet] and Kris [Radlinski] their ambition, standards and culture at the Club really resonated with me.”

He added: “I believe my best rugby is ahead of me and when the time comes I will give it everything to help the Club achieve success on the field.”

Wigan Chief Executive, Kris Radlinski said: “Kruise is an exciting signing for the Club and we are all looking forward to working with him. In our conversations, Kruise’s appetite to learn and to enhance the Club on and off the field was very impressive.”

Warriors Head Coach Matt Peet added: “Kruise is an outstanding hooker who we believe will be a great fit for Wigan. We are delighted to secure him for what should be the best years of his career.“

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/06/ ... from-2024/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Re: Kruise Leeming joins Wigan from 2024

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I wonder where that leaves Powell and O’Neil?
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Leigh...they'll have a full set soon.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Well thats a shock for sure.Is this when we learn the true readon that sam powell isnt in the team?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Crossy210

Post by Crossy210 »

Does this spell the end for Powell? And cust potentially!
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

Definitely a quality player on his day. He's a dangerous runner but also not too bad with his distribution either. A long way from the finished article and a bit to work on in his game but hooker is a role where improvement often comes with experience.

Surely this is the end of the line for Powell at Wigan. O'Neill is doing well this year and has now established himself as our first choice 9 and there's no real need for a club to have 3 first team hookers.

I've said for a while that 80 minute hookers seem to have had their day and with O'Neill and Leeming we've got a decent balance. A lot of people seemed to want O'Neill to run with the ball more but I think he's got the balance right with how he plays the game right now.

It does seem a bit unexpected simply because the club have persisted with Powell for so long and then he suddenly gets dropped for the first time a couple of weeks ago and then a few weeks later we sign a high profile hooker.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Four year deal clearly spells the end for Powell or O'Neill surely?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Can see it now”POWELL SIGNS FOR SAINTS”.Now that would put the cat amongst the pigeons
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I am in shock, just got back home from a fishing trip to see this amazing news, I take back what I said about Radds and Lenners (for now) and hope that this is the start of some fantastic recruitment
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

About bloody time we brought in a hooker!!!
Liked the look of him when he was at Leeds