Tonight's game v Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Tonight's game v Wakefield

Post by josie andrews »

21-man squad announced for Friday’s Betfred Super League Round 18 game against Wakefield Trinity, in association with Greenmount Projects

Matt Peet names another unchanged squad ahead of this fixture.

Wakefield Trinity v Wigan Warriors, Friday 7 July, 7:45pm K.O.

Matt Peet has named his 21-man squad for Friday’s Betfred Super League game with Wakefield Trinity at the Be Well Support Stadium (7:45pm K.O.).

Peet has named an unchanged 21-player squad for the third week in a row. Kaide Ellis serves the final game of a three-game suspension picked up against Warrington Wolves in the Challenge Cup Quarter Final.

Wigan squad for Wakefield:

1 Jai Field
2 Bevan French
3 Toby King
4 Jake Wardle
5 Liam Marshall
6 Cade Cust
7 Harry Smith
8 Brad Singleton
10 Liam Byrne
12 Liam Farrell
13 Morgan Smithies
16 Ethan Havard
19 Joe Shorrocks
20 Patrick Mago
21 Iain Thornley
22 Brad O’Neill
23 Abbas Miski
26 Harvie Hill
27 Junior Nsemba
29 Tom Forber
32 Ryan Hampshire

Tickets for Friday’s game are still available and can be bought online HERE. Tickets will be taken off sale online and in-store at 12pm Friday 7th July. Please note that tickets purchased online after 4pm on Tuesday 4th July will need to be collected from the Robin Park Arena Club store.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/07/ ... kefield-7/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Wigan squad for Wakefield

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

How is Forber in the squad when he's gone to Widnes and is available for them this weekend?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Same 21 but probably a different 17.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:10 pm How is Forber in the squad when he's gone to Widnes and is available for them this weekend?
Widnes don't play until Monday, but I don't think Forber will play on Friday anyway unless there are any injuries in training.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I don't see any reason for wholesale changes. I'd be tempted to rest Wardle on the basis that he's played a lot of rugby including the international and had a few knocks in the face over the last month or so. I'd like to see Nsemba get a run out too and see how Hill goes on starting.

Field
Miski
King
Thornley
Marshall

French
Smith

Hill
O Neil
Byrne
Farrell
Shorrocks
Smithies

Mago,Havard,Nsemba,Cust

Plenty of impact on the bench. I'd like to see Mago get some extra minutes in his legs if we are ahead by 20+
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Lots excitement these days as Matty seems to include all of his fit players every week for every game so leaving the opportunity for everyone to drop players they think are playing either badly or should not even be at the Club.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

ian.birchall wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:09 pm Lots excitement these days as Matty seems to include all of his fit players every week for every game so leaving the opportunity for everyone to drop players they think are playing either badly or should not even be at the Club.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Still yet to be convinced of the French SO switch. I’ve not been impressed in any of the games he’s been moved there and he’s basically nullified. Field is not showing the threat that french does at 1. Think tomorrow could go either way. No gale should swing it towards us
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I would never sign up to Twitter on principle but I have checked our Twitter account for comments on matches. It looks like you can no longer do so without signing up - am I the only one affected, and is it worth mentioning it to the club?
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Tonight's team:

1 Field
23 Miski
3 King
21 Thornley
5 Marshall
2 French
7 Smith
16 Havard