Positions

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Positions

Post by nathan_rugby »

Sam Tomkins himself live on sky sports saying the difference in positions gets overlooked so much.

He then said that you cannot be a top end player in two positions - it’s too specific.

Hopefully people on this forum can listen to that and stop with the ridiculous suggestions.

Most recent ones I’ve seen

Miski to Centre
King to second row
Wardle to second row
French to loose forward
Powell to loose forward
O’Neil to loose forward

I get certain players have done it but it’s a rarity to do it properly and given we want and should be challenging for all honours it has to be put to bed.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Re: Positions

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:51 pm Sam Tomkins himself live on sky sports saying the difference in positions gets overlooked so much.

He then said that you cannot be a top end player in two positions - it’s too specific.

Hopefully people on this forum can listen to that and stop with the ridiculous suggestions.

Miski to Centre
King to second row
Wardle to second row
French to loose forward
Powell to loose forward
O’Neil to loose forward

I get certain players have done it but it’s a rarity to do it properly and given we want and should be challenging for all honours it has to be put to bed.
Quick question nathan.If YOU had to go with just one of them position changes, which would you choose? Not having a pop just a honest question
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:25 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:51 pm Sam Tomkins himself live on sky sports saying the difference in positions gets overlooked so much.

Miski to Centre
King to second row
Wardle to second row
French to loose forward
Powell to loose forward
O’Neil to loose forward

Quick question nathan.If YOU had to go with just one of them position changes, which would you choose? Not having a pop just a honest question
Very difficult question as I really do not like any of the suggestions, my opinion I know.

It would have to be Powell to loose (cannot believe I am saying it but have to reply to the question). It would purely be on the basis that he already defends in the middle of the park and you’d try and make something of his extra pair of hands. That being said you’d lose the meters we make with Smithies there which would seriously impact us.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

Nathan I remember Sam being a top stand off I remember him destroying saints in a magic game at the Etihad ,I also remember him being an outstanding full back ,which of those positions do you think he wasn’t a top end player
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

cherry toffee wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:43 pm Nathan I remember Sam being a top stand off I remember him destroying saints in a magic game at the Etihad ,I also remember him being an outstanding full back ,which of those positions do you think he wasn’t a top end player
You clearly haven’t read my post in full.
pedro

Post by pedro »

cherry toffee wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:43 pm Nathan I remember Sam being a top stand off I remember him destroying saints in a magic game at the Etihad ,I also remember him being an outstanding full back ,which of those positions do you think he wasn’t a top end player
he destroyed saints at the etihad as a stand off?
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

You quoted Sam saying you couldn’t be a top end player in two positions did you not
pedro

Post by pedro »

cherry toffee wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:57 pm You quoted Sam saying you couldn’t be a top end player in two positions did you not
thats not all he said....
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:40 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:25 pm

Miski to Centre
King to second row
Wardle to second row
French to loose forward
Powell to loose forward
O’Neil to loose forward

Very difficult question as I really do not like any of the suggestions, my opinion I know.

It would have to be Powell to loose (cannot believe I am saying it but have to reply to the question). It would purely be on the basis that he already defends in the middle of the park and you’d try and make something of his extra pair of hands. That being said you’d lose the meters we make with Smithies there which would seriously impact us.
Interested choice.Ide probably try miski at centre or even second row but im definitely not convinced
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

No pedro after reading it again he said it’s a rarity , but that doesn’t mean it can’t happen again, you’ll only find out by trying it that’s not me saying any of those would work by the way