Mago, Cust, Isa, Thornley

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Mago, Cust, Isa, Thornley

Post by Dan2266 »

Wigan have made SL clubs aware of their availability come the end of the season

Wakefield as we all know are interested in Mago along with Castleford.

Both are also interested in Cust.

Leigh & Hull FC have shown an interest in Isa.

Heard nothing about Thornley.
Jonh

Re: Mago, Cust, Isa, Thornley

Post by Jonh »

Mago agreed to join Cas in principle on loan a good while ago however it was on the condition that we could bring in a replacement.

He wants 2 years from next year however Cas are nervous about that deal. We haven’t really given him a great reference in regards his work ethic, so Cas wanted him in to have a good look at him before offering him anything for next year. I doubt at this stage we will be letting him go on loan given our injury issues in the front row.

Wakey were interested in him in the offseason but currently are not pursuing him. They were also interested in Thornley but I think that has now no longer the case with the arrival of Griffin.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Does isa count on the cap?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Jonh wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:39 am Mago agreed to join Cas in principle on loan a good while ago however it was on the condition that we could bring in a replacement.

He wants 2 years from next year however Cas are nervous about that deal. We haven’t really given him a great reference in regards his work ethic, so Cas wanted him in to have a good look at him before offering him anything for next year. I doubt at this stage we will be letting him go on loan given our injury issues in the front row.
I may be in the minority, but I think Mago has slowly been on an upward curve in terms of performance
bertina

Post by bertina »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:27 am Wigan have made SL clubs aware of their availability come the end of the season

Wakefield as we all know are interested in Mago along with Castleford.

Both are also interested in Cust.

Leigh & Hull FC have shown an interest in Isa.

Heard nothing about Thornley.
St Pats might be interested in Thornley. (only might be)
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Disappointed to see Isa on this list; but I must admit it’s good to see the club taking action and releasing players.
Recently we have seen the club retain players for far too long where as in the past we seemed to be very good at releasing and replacing players just at the right stage of their careers. Unfortunately in sport, there is no room for sentiment.
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Jonathon Kerr (JK) wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:03 am Disappointed to see Isa on this list; but I must admit it’s good to see the club taking action and releasing players.
Recently we have seen the club retain players for far too long where as in the past we seemed to be very good at releasing and replacing players just at the right stage of their careers. Unfortunately in sport, there is no room for sentiment.
I agree think he has been very good this year but injuries are clearly taking a toll on his body.

I also think that we will have 2 quota players to bring in which would mean we need him to leave to open up a spot.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:52 am Does isa count on the cap?
Yes mate, there may be a case for special dispensation as per Tommy due to long service but I doubt it.

At least we do have some good signings and good prospects in Reserves/Academy to come in.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

widdenoldboy wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:12 am
Firestarter wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:52 am Does isa count on the cap?
Yes mate, there may be a case for special dispensation as per Tommy due to long service but I doubt it.

At least we do have some good signings and good prospects in Reserves/Academy to come in.
With him and faz both coming to the end it’s probably wise to release him then.Hopefully a good backrower like cartwright from parra
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Jonh wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:39 am Mago agreed to join Cas in principle on loan a good while ago however it was on the condition that we could bring in a replacement.

Wakey were interested in him in the offseason but currently are not pursuing him. They were also interested in Thornley but I think that has now no longer the case with the arrival of Griffin.
hardly surprising :lol: