Kris Radlinski

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
boggart

Kris Radlinski

Post by boggart »

I wonder what will happen to Mr Radlinski when his mentor is no longer there. At the risk of sounding a bit uncharitable, I've often thought he was a little out of his depth. In the interests of openness, I lost sympathy for him when, during his one-to-one post-retirement interview, he almost bullied Dom Manfredi into drinking his Loch Lomond Whisky, when it was obvious Dom didn't like it. So obviously putting the interests of the, at that time, fresh, sponsor before those of the individual, particularly an admirable and popular ex-player like DM, isn't management. Or at least, if you are going to do it, young man, be a little more skillful about it. Under the circumstances of Dom's sad retirement it just lacked any sort of empathy. So, I suspect he is about to get a change of role and a lesson in hard-nosed company-running under the tutorship of our new billionaire owner, and possibly wield a little less influence. Lets see if he really is up to it. The jury is out for me. Shaun Wane will provide the necessary rugby league high-level insider's knowledge and support that Mr Danson is bound to need. We'll see if Kris's Cuddles, the touchy-feely approach, survives.
Dreamteam

Re: Kris Radlinski

Post by Dreamteam »

Maybe it’s best he has his influence on the less important things at the club. He’s done a good job with the fanzone Idea and the legends interviews he does which all creates extra revenue. There’s definitely a place at the club for him but not to make the big decisions imo
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Rule 1: if you don't like something at Wigan RL asign it it KR (not on about your DM example)

Rule 2: if you like something then state it happened despite KR.

I find it strange that fans make judgements on his role with no understanding of what he actually does outside a vague statement.

(I include myself in this)
Last edited by Caboosegg on Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:55 pm Rule 1: if you don't like something at Wigam RL asign it it KR (not on about your DM example)

I find it strange that fans make judgements on his role with no understanding of what he actually does outside a vague statement.

Well said
Miry Lane Casuals

Post by Miry Lane Casuals »

I'll judge a Wigan CEO/Manager on whether we are playing 2nd fiddle to Saints or not. Under Radlinksi it's now 4 going on 5 years in their shadow. That's inexcusable and ultimately it's on him since IL has practically handed him the club to run.

Our recruitment under his watch has, in the main, been woeful and the coaching set up is packed with old mates and nice guy yes men.

I want a CEO who'll put a champion squad together. I'm not interested in being the 'nice club' and handing out bottles of Loch Lomond to opposition players who've just skelped us on the pitch.
Last edited by Miry Lane Casuals on Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I’d be careful what we wish for when it comes to a change of leadership. KR can only work with the budget he’s given and he isn’t the only man who gets a say on the signings. The signs in regards retention and recruitment for next year look extremely positive. The connection between the club and the fans is being driven by him and Peet and the classy touches the club constantly shows around opposition players milestones, charity events etc are lead by him. Is he perfect? No, nobody is but I tell you what, we could do far worse. If you want to look at the type of CE we could be lumbered with instead, have a look over Warrington way. That is an absolute car crash!

I personally hope Rads is here for a good while yet and back him, Wane, Peet and co to get us back in front of St Helens (and whoever else).
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Miry Lane Casuals wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:10 pm I'll judge a Wigan CEO/Manager on whether we are playing 2nd fiddle to Saints or not. Under Radlinksi it's now 4 going on 5 years in their shadow. That's inexcusable and ultimately it's on him since IL has practically handed him the club to run.

Our recruitment under his watch has, in the main, been woeful and the coaching set up is packed with old mates and nice guy yes men.

I want a CEO who'll put a champion squad together. I'm not interested in being the 'nice club' and handing out bottles of Loch Lomond to opposition players who've just skelped us on the pitch.
Fitzpatrick doesn’t give whisky out and likes to spend money like it’s going out of fashion.

That’s worked well.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

NICKYKISS wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:44 pm I’d be careful what we wish for when it comes to a change of leadership. KR can only work with the budget he’s given and he isn’t the only man who gets a say on the signings. The signs in regards retention and recruitment for next year look extremely positive. The connection between the club and the fans is being driven by him and Peet and the classy touches the club constantly shows around opposition players milestones, charity events etc are lead by him. Is he perfect? No, nobody is but I tell you what, we could do far worse. If you want to look at the type of CE we could be lumbered with instead, have a look over Warrington way. That is an absolute car crash!

I personally hope Rads is here for a good while yet and back him, Wane, Peet and co to get us back in front of St Helens (and whoever else).
Says it all for me.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
craigo

Post by craigo »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:55 pm Rule 1: if you don't like something at Wigan RL asign it it KR (not on about your DM example)

Agree. I will add, if the team went on a losing run, Everybody's roles would be discussed. Well criticised.
Rads should be congratulated first of all for his playing career. Then for stepping up to a high suited job at his hometown club. Legend for me.
Edit. Nobody is saying about his playing career. I know he was a favourite of many.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Speak to those members of staff who report directly to Rad's and get their view. Not just playing and coaching staff but those who he manages directly.

I'd rather take their word for how good a leader he is, how infectious his energy and enthusiasm is and how he keeps them motivated, over some people on a forum who have never spent any real amount of time with him, let alone worked with/for him :roll: