Semi-final Attendances

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Ipinwigan

Semi-final Attendances

Post by Ipinwigan »

The semi-final attendances have been published.

Leigh Leopards 12-10 St Helens
12,113 at the Halliwell Jones Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Hull KR 11-10 Wigan Warriors
10,926 at Headingley on Sunday afternoon.

Once again poor attendances, makes you wonder what the attendance for the final will be.

IMG need to start looking at improving attendance figures and setting reasonable prices for these type of matches.
nathan_rugby

Re: Semi-final Attendances

Post by nathan_rugby »

Ipinwigan wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:03 pm The semi-final attendances have been published.

Once again poor attendances, makes you wonder what the attendance for the final will be.

IMG need to start looking at improving attendance figures and setting reasonable prices for these type of matches.
Playing semi-final at a neutral ground is the first issue.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Hattster

Post by Hattster »

Put the semi finals over two legs home/away
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'm worried about the playoffs. They are poorly attended and the intensity is lower than a standard league match often.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Ipinwigan wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:03 pm The semi-final attendances have been published.

so according to HKR they had sold 9.5k by middle of last week, so we only took 1k :) :)

i've commented on another thread about yesterday and there is no doubt there were more HKR fans than Wigan fans, however the allocation of stands was stupid. Surely, Wigan in the East, with KR in the South, and then any further sales went into the Western terrace. that way all fans purchasing up front are under cover, and would have improved the atmosphere (i.e. it would sound like there were Wigan fans there)
craigo

Post by craigo »

Not good attendances. But I wasn't there myself.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

the pieman wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:53 pm

so according to HKR they had sold 9.5k by middle of last week, so we only took 1k :) :)

i've commented on another thread about yesterday and there is no doubt there were more HKR fans than Wigan fans, however the allocation of stands was stupid. Surely, Wigan in the East, with KR in the South, and then any further sales went into the Western terrace. that way all fans purchasing up front are under cover, and would have improved the atmosphere (i.e. it would sound like there were Wigan fans there)
Also think there would have been more Wigan fans there if we weren’t in that western terrace, even when the draw was made the long range weather forecast predicted rain for most of the country for July.

Think I also mentioned on another thread that the head steward over the western terrace said it was ridiculous to put any supporters in that stand as it’s a disgrace!

But, it’s the best stadium in SL!!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:37 pm

Also think there would have been more Wigan fans there if we weren’t in that western terrace, even when the draw was made the long range weather forecast predicted rain for most of the country for July.

Think I also mentioned on another thread that the head steward over the western terrace said it was ridiculous to put any supporters in that stand as it’s a disgrace!

I get to games whenever possible and haven't ever backed out of a game but even after purchasing tickets and arranging travel I was considering just staying at home and watching on TV for the first time ever. Glad I didn't but it wasn't a particularly enjoyable experience to say the least
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:37 pm

I think it was done for TV. If they had been sensible and not had any fans in the uncovered stand the ground would have looked half empty on TV given the way the cameras are set as they obviously don’t show the fans in the stand they face away from.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Typical Yorkshire ground, still outdated after all the money they have managed to get out of their deep pockets